cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G531GT - CPU is running at max clock speed even if it's idle

Nemesies
Level 7
Hello, I realised that my laptop fans are ramping from 0 up to 2500 GPU & CPU, with no reason with laptop doing actually nothing.
Laptop is set on silent profile from rog armoury crate, cpu is even 1% sometimes... my idle temps are like 37 degrees celsius... and CPU is undervolted -0.115V, with intel extreme utility.

There is a screenshot with all the parameters: 84723
2 REPLIES 2

jolugq
Level 7
hello, I also have the asus g531gt and enter the forum to look for any comment about the temperature of the laptop, because playing an old game like "Age of Empires 3" I noticed the "Armony Crate" program that the temperature reaches 85 and I wanted to see if this is normal.

But reading your post I tell you that the same thing happens to me I have the computer only open the music player "groove music" and a couple of pages on the internet and I hear how the fan goes up and down despite not having many or strong processes open. Like something is demanding it and then it doesn't make any noise again.

I don't know if that would be the same as the problem you are presenting. I have it in "performance" in the "Armony Crate" program. I don't know if that has something to affect or not.

jolugq wrote:
hello, I also have the asus g531gt and enter the forum to look for any comment about the temperature of the laptop, because playing an old game like "Age of Empires 3" I noticed the "Armony Crate" program that the temperature reaches 85 and I wanted to see if this is normal.

But reading your post I tell you that the same thing happens to me I have the computer only open the music player "groove music" and a couple of pages on the internet and I hear how the fan goes up and down despite not having many or strong processes open. Like something is demanding it and then it doesn't make any noise again.

I don't know if that would be the same as the problem you are presenting. I have it in "performance" in the "Armony Crate" program. I don't know if that has something to affect or not.

My laptop used to have high temps like 90 degree Celsius but, I went with it to an ASUS service, and they changed the thermal paste, now i have really good temps max 77 degree Celsius when gaming, but this is not about temps here... temps are higher in idle because cpu clock is at max...