cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From your experiences, should I buy a G750JW?

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Hey guys, should I buy it?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/17.3%22+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/8937112.p?id=1218954923465&...
There it is, and I can get 200 dollars off with gift cards.
Thanks for any advice and opinions!
23 REPLIES 23

Neptun
Level 7
I have that very same laptop and its pretty good but, if you can build a pc then build it, waaaay better than buying a gaming laptop.

I have bought 2 ASUS computer (eee 1005 and g750jw) and have had to RMA each one twice.

Even then, both products work poorly (flickering screens/heat/sound/crashing etc).

RMA was a nightmare 700+ minutes logged on the phone and email. 6 total days missed work because of shipping mix-ups.

I also owned a Sager. That was beast. Never a single problem, overclocked well, and lasted till the day my little sister tore the screen clean off. Ha. I bet it still works if I hooked up a monitor to its DVI port.

My family has owned Dell/HP and they are ok but Acer cannot be beat for the price. $450 buys an ULtrabook that can Run Metro: Last Light on Medium-Low setting smoothly. I am so impressed by my brother's Acer.

Bottom Line (TL;DR). Never buy ASUS. Terrible Products & Support.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Wow, and I heard they are some of the best. That's scary, and thank you for sharing that.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Why? That's scary lol

PPanda
Level 8
I didn't even buy the Best Buy Model. The full fledged g750JW with blue-ray drive and all.

Still sucks.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Wow. So with my store credit to bestbuy, what should I get? All the research I have done has led me to the two ROGs at bestbuy... and if those are bad, then theres nothing I can get lol. Any help?

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Then where is a better site? Or store I can shop at? Since best buy is the only I've ever gone to haha..

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
It's just to make things less serious, sounds nicer...
And okay thank you

cosmicmango
Level 10
I wouldn't be afraid of getting a G750JW from Best Buy, the one thing no one has mentioned is Best Buy has the best Return & Exchange Policy, any store in the US as long as you have a receipt and the original packaging.

If you find something wrong then take it back - sooner or later they will get it right. Enjoy it, the G750's are great.
G752VY-DH72