cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GX700VO Refiling Watercooling System

powerdani94
Level 7
Hi, I am an owner of an ASUS ROG GX700VO and when the computer is connected to the cooling base, an incessant "beep" "beep" "beep" appears.
I think it's time to replace the watercooling fluid but I do not know how to do it or where to buy it because I do not know what liquid it uses.

Where can I get this information?

Best regards.
15 REPLIES 15

powerdani94
Level 7
no one?

I opened the base myself and I recharged the liquid. the container was empty and when reloading the liquid part of it went out the sides of the container when turning it. It is very strange but the shape of the recipient of the cooling liquid means that if it is turned, the liquid is lost prgesively on the sides. (It's not broken) but it does not surprise me that I had run out of liquid. In fact, sometimes I noticed strange stains in the lower right groove of the base that were from the cooling liquid itself when it moved the base or rotated it.

however I continue to experience the beep when I connect my computer to the base, maybe there is another problem derived or I have not been able to replace the liquid correctly.

up!!

Meh

davemon50
Level 11
From your manual:

"Important! Never attempt to disassemble the liquid reservoir or replace the coolants by yourself, contact an ASUS authorized technician for more help."

"Never attempt to disassemble and reassemble the Liquid-cooled docking."

"in the event of a leak, stop using your Notebook PC immediately and contact an ASUS-authorized technician."

…..regarding your initial post.....

"When the alarm in the Liquid-cooled docking goes off or the reservoir is low, contact an ASUS-authorized technician for more help."

Your computer appears to have an issue with the cooling base, you should RMA it.
Davemon50

Hi @davemon50
I really appreciate your answer, in fact you have given the only comment.

I have good news. I have managed to fix it by myself. After dismount and mount the base again and again, I have managed to find the error.
I'll just say that it does not surprise me that Asus does not want us to touch his components.

As I have "breached" this premise of Asus commented by @davemon50 I do not know if it goes against the rules of the forum to post the answer, however if someone else happens this problem I can tell him my experience.

Case closed.

powerdani94 wrote:
Hi @davemon50
I really appreciate your answer, in fact you have given the only comment.

I have good news. I have managed to fix it by myself. After dismount and mount the base again and again, I have managed to find the error.
I'll just say that it does not surprise me that Asus does not want us to touch his components.

As I have "breached" this premise of Asus commented by @davemon50 I do not know if it goes against the rules of the forum to post the answer, however if someone else happens this problem I can tell him my experience.

Case closed.

I'm on the same page as you were with the liquid cooling dock. To stop the alarm from beeping I've removed the line for alarm.
I wanted to ask which liquid you had used and also what should be the correct procedure.

Chiming in here, as I'm in the same situation.

The coolant went dry in my dock, and the ASUS repair centre was the same process as written above - I need to replace the ENTIRE dock, not just fill the coolant. More on this..

1) The tech team researched / escalated this on my request, and there is no 'part number' for replacing internal parts;
2) There is no way to replace the coolant, going by all their indicators. It's a sealed, stand alone unit that cannot be repaired.

This brings us to a serious situation. Under (Australian) ACCC Consumer Law (locally for me is NSW Fair Trading), this breaches multiple aspects of the Consumer Rights act. It's the equivalent of buying a car, that you cannot fill the radiator - but must instead have the entire radiator replaced every 5 years.
I'll update this thread with more information - as I've lodged an ACCC investigation with this situation; going by law, it's likely ASUS will need to replace the dock at no cost to myself.

Why I'm writing this, as there are MANY people (ie: everyone who's bought a GX7090VO) who will be encountering the identical situation with ASUS.

Many thanks for your efforts deeemmhexer.
It is actually ridiculous for Asus to say the reservoir can't be refilled. The tech team lacks the expertise to fill the liquid.
The worst part is that the secondary adapter is not powerful enough for anything. And the primary one won't work without Dock.