cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752vy - USB 3.1 SPEED PROBLEM !

Fcome
Level 7
Hi,

I bought an external SSD hard drive in USB C 3.1 (SAMSUNG T3 500G) and a 10GB USB3.1 CABLE.
I need a fast transfert rate for work on compositing on After effect and all my internal HDD are full.

I connect my new external hard drive who is supposed to have a 450mb/s on USB C. But i feel than it's not very fast...
I tested the Data transfert speed and i discover than i have exacly the same speed with a commun USB 3.0. +/- 250mb/s for both.

Since i try to know why it's the same speed, it's supossed to be fraster than USB 3.0.
When i Watch on my device manager, Windows 10 write than the hard drive is connected on a USB 3.0 but it's connect on USB C Port...

Well, if anybody know why and have a solution... i take it.

Thanks !
1 REPLY 1

Gustave
Level 9
I have the same setup and the same Samsung T3 SSD with a USB-C cable connected to the USB-C port:
Did you update all necessary drivers?

Fcome wrote:
Hi,

I bought an external SSD hard drive in USB C 3.1 (SAMSUNG T3 500G) and a 10GB USB3.1 CABLE.
I need a fast transfert rate for work on compositing on After effect and all my internal HDD are full.

I connect my new external hard drive who is supposed to have a 450mb/s on USB C. But i feel than it's not very fast...
I tested the Data transfert speed and i discover than i have exacly the same speed with a commun USB 3.0. +/- 250mb/s for both.

Since i try to know why it's the same speed, it's supossed to be fraster than USB 3.0.
When i Watch on my device manager, Windows 10 write than the hard drive is connected on a USB 3.0 but it's connect on USB C Port...

Well, if anybody know why and have a solution... i take it.

Thanks !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]