cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750 New VBios Update

HomieOC
Level 7
There seems to be a new update for optimus for us people with the G750... Just look for your Asus Updater by searching for "Asus Live Update" on your computer...

Does anyone know what exactly this update is? 37003
17 REPLIES 17

hmscott
Level 12
HomieOC wrote:
There seems to be a new update for optimus for us people with the G750... Just look for your Asus Updater by searching it on your computer...

Does anyone know what exactly this update is? 37003

HomieOC, that's pretty cool. I haven't seen a video card BIOS update from Asus for quite a while. Maybe they are working on fixing the Optimus Intel/Nvidia function... it is weird that they named it V1.0 -- I wonder what the previous release number of the VBIOS was.

I don't see any standalone updates available for vbios on the G750JZ download area, so I guess the only way to get this update is through Asus Live Update.

If you have a new Optimus G750JM/JS/JZ it's possible you have an update waiting...

HomieOC, you could ask Asus for the changelist for that update, I was hoping to find it posted on the JZ download area, but nothing is there about it. And, I checked the ROG site, and no news on G750 vbios updates - maybe it is still early and something will be posted.

hmscott wrote:
HomieOC, that's pretty cool. I haven't seen a video card BIOS update from Asus for quite a while. Maybe they are working on fixing the Optimus Intel/Nvidia function... it is weird that they named it V1.0 -- I wonder what the previous release number of the VBIOS was 🙂

Whats weird is... i had upgraded my Intel driver to the new V 15... it downgraded me back to V 10... but i'm not gonna touch it, im guessing when it updated the video bios it came with the intel driver package too??? Why did it downgrade my driver package if this was a new update...

HomieOC wrote:
Whats weird is... i had upgraded my Intel driver to the new V 15... it downgraded me back to V 10... but i'm not gonna touch it, im guessing when it updated the video bios it came with the intel driver package too??? Why did it downgrade my driver package if this was a new update...

That is weird. You can play around with trying to update to the newer driver again, and see if the Vbios update shows up again 🙂

If you have a problem with the newer driver, you can always reinstall the old driver.

More questions you can ask Asus via a Technical Inquiry. 🙂

HomieOC
Level 7

HomieOC wrote:
I FOUND the driver...

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VGA&p=3&s=111

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=589&m=VGA&os=41&ft=1&f_name=VGA_Intel_MSHyb...

IT Came out 5/21

IF U OPEN READ ME THOUGH... It says release date march 11... wtf?

You found the Intel driver? But, that is older than the one Intel is offering, isn't it?

Version V10.18.10.3496.01
Description Intel Graphics Driver
File Size
145,88 (MBytes) 2014.05.21 update

March 11th sounds like the timeframe of release date for the JZ? Maybe why it is v1.0? I wonder what is up with this..

hmscott wrote:
You found the Intel driver? But, that is older than the one Intel is offering, isn't it?

Version V10.18.10.3496.01
Description Intel Graphics Driver
File Size
145,88 (MBytes) 2014.05.21 update

March 11th sounds like the timeframe of release date for the JZ? Maybe why it is v1.0? I wonder what is up with this..

but on asus website for download.. it shows there was a release 5/21 for the intel driver lol

HomieOC wrote:
but on asus website for download.. it shows there was a release 5/21 for the intel driver lol

Intel released V10.18.10.3496 on 3/27:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23279

That is why, when I can, I go to the OEM site for the latest drivers - the vendor, in this case Asus, is going to go through a vetting cycle to test the driver to make sure there aren't any problems on their hardware before posting it.

A 60 day test delay is normal - except for security fixes or major bugs you can wait a while for the vendor to do the testing for you.

You can download an update early and test it for yourself, which I do, but don't recommend for everyone. Most fixes aren't going to change your world, and unless you know what you are looking for, you can introduce problems with the new driver that would have been caught by Asus in their testing before you see the update.

Video drivers are different, especially if you are trying to get fixes / improvements for new video games - usually available first in BETA video drivers.

theclaw37
Level 9
Well i rushed to install the new update but was dumb, so please someone wiser: Take a screenshot of BOTH the NVidia VBIOS and the Intel VBIOS versions before you upgrade. And check whether one of them updates. Please.

ithanium2
Level 7
Interesting stuff...too bad I sent my laptop in service today.
They offered me DOA option and to send a new one but I refused. There is no guarantee that a new laptop would have perfectly applied thermal paste. (I refuse to accept the fact that a hi-end gaming laptop with this kind of cooling system can be this noisy on browsing/office tasks).

But too bad there are 0 details on changelog...really don't like this stuff from Asus. Same thing with the latest BIOS that upgrades the CPU microcode even tho the CPU's are soldered.