cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750JW Fan Concerns

gpl999
Level 7
Hey guys,

I recently purchased the 750JW and I LOVE it. Since I love it so much, I want to take the utmost care of it. Now I hate to be a burden and make my first post a question but I'm worried about the condition of my laptop. So when I'm gaming I can really feel the heat coming out of the right fan (this sucker gets pretty hot) however, I can barely feel any heat coming from the left fan. Is this normal behavior?
5 REPLIES 5

icyfrog
Level 7
hey.... u can actually set the clock speed by the "more power options " > click on change plan settings ( For the one u active / Power4gear High performance ) > Change advanced power setting > then under the tab "Processor power management " > Maximum processor state > Plugged in set to 95% instead of 100% .

It will drop the clock speed to 2.26ghz which is still not bad , because u don't need to force overclocked it where by this is a 2.4ghz processor and still in good speed for gaming which also drops temperature to maintain yr laptop.

As far as i know, the fan on the left is for the CPU and the fan on the right is for the GPU.
This would make sense when gaming that the right side gets hotter as the GPU is under more stress.
ASUS ROG G750JH -T4024H
CPU: Core i7 4700HQ 3.4GHz
GPU: 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M
RAM: 32GB
STORAGE: 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
MONITOR: 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080)
Lovin' this sh*t

villiansv
Level 11
Correct, when you're using the laptop the left fan is CPU, the right one is GPU. Get HWMonitor or GPU-Z and run them while gaming. Check later on what the GPU temperature was. We'd be able to say then if it's within norms, or too high.

gpl999
Level 7
Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up, I was nervous I had a bad fan. After work today I'll record some GPU temps while gaming to see if they are acceptable. The max I've seen in game so far (Using EVGA Precision X) is roughly 59 C which seems normal to me.

villiansv
Level 11
59 is amazingly low. Check with the other 2 programs I mentioned, just in case.