Hi all, this is my first time posting, but this forum has been immensely helpful in the past, so thanks!
Does anyone have any recent experience with updating a ASUS ROG G20AJ from Windows 8.1 to W10? I tried it doing an auto-update years ago--not a clean install, because I didn't know any better--and it basically bricked my PC. But I really want to play Horizon Zero Dawn and Cyberpunk 2077, so I'm thinking of giving it another go.
My system is the ASUS ROG G20AJ i7 4790 / GTX 1660 / 16GB RAM
Here's what I am looking at doing:
1. Create a Windows recovery disk USB (just in case)
2. Download BIOS 0703 from (https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_G20AJ/HelpDesk_BIOS
3. Install BIOS using Setup application.
4. Write down my Windows Key
5. Download Windows 10 to external USB at (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
6. Restart PC and boot from the USB to install Windows 10
Does this all seem correct? Does the order seem appropriate? Anything I'm missing?
If this update goes badly, do you think the Windows recovery disk will actually help me? Last time I wasn't able to revert to W8, and I had to send it in to ASUS (luckily under warranty).
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!