cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing original failed gtx 1070 with new gtx 1070..simple?

gozorakgogo
Level 7
i have a ROG G20CB Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 1TB Hard Drive that is out of warranty.. The gpu has failed so I purchased a replacement NVIDIA - Founders Edition GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card. SO the question I have if anyone can help me is should this be as simple as swapping out the old fried 1070 with the new 1070 and just reinstalling the drivers? I think they are pretty much the same GPU although the original had 2 hdmi outs while the replacement has only 1. I bought to use with Oculus rift as well as gaming but I can make do with only 1 hdmi out. Will I have to worry about any jumper settings? Will the power brick that came with the G20CB work with and provide all needed power for the new GTX 1070? Should since its the same card? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

spartan_hoplite
Level 10
if your previous G20 equipped with gtx1070, than you don`t need to do any setting, just swap the card. the founder edition card has the same power with Asus equipped one, the power brick will work perfectly.

gozorakgogo
Level 7
Thanks friend...big relief here lol