cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions, bugs, request for R6E Encore bios

tistou77
Level 13
Hello

I propose this topic to reference requests, suggestions, and bugs in the R6E Encore bios
Hoping that the Asus staff will read this forum (the link given in the pinned topic should not really work, I never got feedback from Asus and never had a bug fixed)

With bios 0603

1) VDRAMM with Encore not applied correctly
1.36v bios, under Windows (load) :

1.38v in bios for example, apply 1.40, 1.41v under Windows
Voltages fluctuate compared to the R6E for example

It's very complicated to stabilize the ram

2) Removing of double boot on cold boot (PSU off) like the R6E since bios 2004
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus
6 REPLIES 6

tistou77
Level 13
Sure, Asus doesn't read us...

I installed the 702 and still have this dual boot (no longer present with R6E)
And also, always the problem with the voltage of the rams
Sorry for my english 😄

tistou77 wrote:
Sure, Asus doesn't read us...

I installed the 702 and still have this dual boot (no longer present with R6E)
And also, always the problem with the voltage of the rams

Dear tistou,

I will be buying this board soon and i am already worried about many thing about this particular board.

Would you be able to explain what do you mean with dual boot?

Many thanks.

Hopper64
Level 15
The board gets to a CPU code and shuts off again, then comes back up and boots into Windows. No difference with 0702. No critical errors in Windows with this but it would be nice for it just to boot into windows without shutting down first.

0702 still has no support for secure erase for nvme drives. Never had issues with the omega board not supporting secure erase. *
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

tistou77
Level 13
@Desertum_0

Dual boot is not a problem in itself, it's just boring 😄
But it's true that having a simple boot is really good (psychologically, no doubt), I had appreciated when Asus removed it from these R6Es

The real problem (for me) is this management of the voltage of the rams, when you like to have an equal voltage on the 2 channels
With the R6E (and upon its release), the voltage was fixed on the 2 channels (idle / load) and it's really better to test the OC
There, I have to put more voltage, because in load, the tension drops a little from time to time

But the Encore remains a very nice MB, functional
Asus does good hardware, less good in software
The time when Shamino managed the bios, I miss
Sorry for my english 😄

NorySS
Level 7
Running one set of ram at a slightly higher voltage wont cause any issue, tbh. I'd also recommend measuring the voltage yourself, I wouldnt be surprised if its a software/super i.o reading error.

Megalamaniac
Level 9
I've got the same issue with my RVIEE, which I just got a couple of weeks ago, and AB DRAM Voltage won't do 1.35.v. Setting 1.35 gets 1.358 - 1.361 and setting 1.34v gets 1.338 - 1.342, and sometimes gets stuck on 1.192 no matter what I set it to.

When I first noticed it stuck on 1.2v. I swapped the memory (GSkill 32g 3600C16Q-GTZR) for a different set and that unstuck it. It's gotten stuck at 1.2v again two or three more times, and each time was from setting the voltage with AI 3.

I,ve also seen issue's with VCCIO and VCCSA voltages. I thought I had a stable OC of 3800Mhz for my GSkill F4-3600C16Q-32GTRZ with XMP settings, but I am getting the occasional error. I've gotten through 4 Pass of MemTest Pro without errors, skipping the Hammer test. But after doing full passes with the hammer test, I'll get like 1 error after 4 or 5 passes (but not with the hammer test), so it's close to stable, but not quite.

When I started to bump up VCCIO and VCCSA i noticed that I wasn't getting what I was setting in Bios. Setting the VCCSA to 0.900 gets me 0.93, which is fine and not to bad, but setting VCCIO and VCCSA to 1.15v got me 1.17v and 1.19v - 1.2v in Bios. To get 1.15v for both VCCIO and VCCSA I had to set them to 1.14v and 1.12v respectively. It seems the higher the setting, the more the discrepancy is, with VCCSA being worse than VCCIO.

Has anyone else had this issue. Also I'm still on BIOS 505 and am going to give 702 a shot soon.