Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strix x299 E GAMING II Raid

ehabmxd
Level 7
HELLO

ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II

I have 2 M.2 NVME Samsung 970 Evo 2TB C://M.2 SAME 970EVO 2TB + D://970EVO 2TB ,

one of them is the main one C:// it has the system and Windows files

And one Extra Samsung F://960 Pro 1TB,

and they are ALL INSTALLED in the motherboard, as this motherboard allows me to install three together.

All I want is to combine any of them with RAID 0 CONIGURATION with the main one

C:// + D://

OR

C:// + F://

because in my main disk C:// is full now also i want the speed of the RAID 0 reading and writing

Does this require formatting?

And what is the best way through the BIOS ? or through Windows itself?

Knowing that my BIOS is completely different from what is explained in the videos, and there is no video or catalog also the asus website the photos very diffrent interface that I have in my BIOS

(in the BIOS the PCH Storage Config i Enabled already the intel RST premium(RAID)

BUT in Advanced/intel Rapid Storage there No option To config)

Also, I would like to make it clear that the last 960 Pro, when I run the Intel Rapid program, shows that it is raid

r/ASUS - x299 motherboard GPU + Raid Controller + 3 NVME
also in motherboard

Now i want to BUY an asus hyper M.2 i want to put 4 M.2 4TB +4TB +4TB +4TB with RAID0 Config to make it the main Desk C://

and the Other 3 M.2 on motherboard as Backup Drive D://

i dont know if this possible or not

but my main goal to make asus hyper RAID 0 as my Main Drive and any other m.2 to backup drive

am sorry for long explain but i have alot of work in the studio and i dont know if i can because the info is not very clear for the PCIE lanes and the Onboard RAID

CPU: intel i9 10940x 48 LANES

GPU : EVGA RTX2070 SUPER ULTRA FTW3

i dont have any PCIE except the GPU

what the best solution ?

Thanks everyone in advance
4 REPLIES 4

ehabmxd
Level 7
hello i need your help please

G75rog
Level 10
Your User Manuals explain the M.2 configs.
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x299-e-gaming-ii-model/helpdesk_manual

The Hyper M.2 will not function as a Raid card. I have 2 versions of them in an Apex VI.

G75rog
Level 10
Enjoy!