cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help from other i9-7980XE and Rampage XI Extreme, Hyper-threading bug?

echelon
Level 7
I need help about Xojo (xojo.com) compiler and linker is being crashes when Hyper-threading [ALL] is enabled in the bios (Latest vanila 1603 Rampage VI Extreme bios).

Steps to reproduce :

• Download Xojo 2019.1.1 from here https://www.xojo.com/download/ (need to register an account first)
  • Install the Xojo 2019.1.1
  • Download the pidog Dataview example project from here : https://www.pidog.com/wp/dataview/ (click “Download Now!” from the right side of the page.
  • The pidog Dataview example project should be named “DataView_piDogScrollingCanvas_1.14.5.1.zip”, extract it into a folder.
  • Double click on the file which named “dataview1.1.14.5.1.xojo_binary_project”
  • When in the Xojo IDE, in the left bottom of the screen, untik “macOS and Linux” and (at right bottom of the screen)in the “Architecture” of the Windows & This Computer, choose from the listbox the “x86 64-bit” selection.
    Click run, notice the linker error at the log windows below.
  • This linker error doesn’t happened if you have disabled “Hyper-Threading [All]” in the Advanced->CPU Configuration setting.

I wanted to confirm if either it's Rampage VI Extreme and i9-7980XE + Hyper-threading [ALL] = enable combination bugs in the bios or my processor is just being defected and need RMA.

Have reported to asus supports but maybe because of holiday and there are not Asus engineer being around to test it more.
9 REPLIES 9

restsugavan
Level 13
I'm very well , Thanks

If you need Intel Official Diagnostic Tools to judgement your CPU need to RMA or not trying this one below .

W11CANARY 26085.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

echelon
Level 7
Thanks a lot for taking the time,I have already tested using that, also TimerBench, playing some triple AAA games but cannot figuring it out about why Xojo's Compiler and linker being problematic/crash.

Already tried also memory test using memtest86.

If it's the faults or bugs from Xojo, why i am the only one who experiencing it, none of other Xojo's users/developers experiencing it like me.

That's why i am asking for the specific test case of Xojo none of synthetic benchmark. I would be really happy if you are testing it with Xojo.

echelon wrote:
Thanks a lot for taking the time,I have already tested using that, also TimerBench, playing some triple AAA games but cannot figuring it out about why Xojo's Compiler and linker being problematic/crash.

Already tried also memory test using memtest86.

If it's the faults or bugs from Xojo, why i am the only one who experiencing it, none of other Xojo's users/developers experiencing it like me.

That's why i am asking for the specific test case of Xojo none of synthetic benchmark. I would be really happy if you are testing it with Xojo.

The code that not good optimized for your CPU can't be a good judgement tools for RMA. The Intel Processor Diagnostic Tools 4.1.0.32 W MP
design to dianostic overall CPU features. For your Core i9 7980XE or any Skylake X SKUs this tools is only one in the world that full 100% utilized
2 512-bit AVX512/FMA unit on your CPU itself. I didn't think Xojo's Complier better than these tool when we are going to deep processor architect
test. It was not only full features checking tools for Skylake X SKU , however It also full feature checking tools for Cannonlake and Sunny Cove CPU,too.

I didn't think Intel will grant you for RMA your CPU by reason that it was not compattible with Xojo's Complier as you quotes above, However if it failed
Intel Processor Diagnostic Tools by default setting. I can guarantee that they'll RMA your CPU as fast as they could.:cool:

Download Link :: Intel Processor Diagnostic Tools 4.1.0.32 W 64-bit
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool
W11CANARY 26085.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

echelon
Level 7
Yes, almost all synthetic benchmark is saying otherwise, from xojo perspective, they having difficulties to reproduce the same behavior as it's a 'rare' case and needs for having the same hardware as me to reproduce it.

Thanks anyway @restugavan!, i am still hoping for other Asus user who is the same specification are able to help me with running Xojo, it's a safe application, in general it's modernized Visual Basic ideology.

echelon wrote:
Yes, almost all synthetic benchmark is saying otherwise, from xojo perspective, they having difficulties to reproduce the same behavior as it's a 'rare' case and needs for having the same hardware as me to reproduce it.

Thanks anyway @restugavan!, i am still hoping for other Asus user who is the same specification are able to help me with running Xojo, it's a safe application, in general it's modernized Visual Basic ideology.

If you want the best tools for Skylake X performance Optimized. Please registration at Intel software developer site below
Intel will offer you best performance optimization tools VTune Amplifier like they oftenly send me weekly update.
https://software.intel.com/en-us

echelon
Level 7
Probably it won't be too much useful if we cannot even run the Xojo's compiler and linker normally, the optimization is only occurring once we get to run it normally and optimizing afterwards.

I have already known about Intel Vtune families but like i said before, it won't be much useful without normally run-able executables

echelon wrote:
Probably it won't be too much useful if we cannot even run the Xojo's compiler and linker normally, the optimization is only occurring once we get to run it normally and optimizing afterwards.

I have already known about Intel Vtune families but like i said before, it won't be much useful without normally run-able executables

The intel tools above not only VTune Amplifier buddy. They are more stuffs which can be working with Microsoft Visual Studio here.

Forget your Xojo’s complier , let trying the best tools from Intel that bring Skylake X SKU performance at peak!**

echelon
Level 7
Yes i am also already knew about Intel Parallel Studio hehe :D, thanks anyway.
For smaller project, Xojo shines at it's capability for rapidly producing prototypes or small applications.

echelon
Level 7
Anyone can help me to confirming the issue?