cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My m6e build.

Rob_W_
Level 12
What *a beautiful board,!
After the maximum viii extreme ( a board I love) *I’ve built this beauty .
Rampage vi extreme
I9 7980
Titan v
I have had the time of my life tweeking *and testing this system and am delighted, ok! I know there are issues but more from ms os than the board but all will eventually get sorted, same as all new technology,*
So I have tweeked *and tested enough to now know upgrade needed,
Corsair obsidian 900p case arriving tomorrow. ( more room and more airflow)
Orderring *EKwb full custom loop for vrm, gpu and cpu, now, I think that should sort a few of my problems out! ( higher Oc than 3.9 ghz at safe temps)I don’t have a problem with gpu or vrm temps but if I’m going to do a custom loop then it seems right to cover these as well and gives *better Oc scope.
So another £1k into this rig and I am just so so exited that this has to be my best piece of work to date,
My psu, be quiet dark power pro 850 wattplatinum, there configuration says with this system + Oc I only need 600 watt psu but others state I will need 1200/ 1500watt ??
EKwb custom loop, used there configuration for system Oc , any views on this before I order?*
But to me it’s gonna be calling me daddy lol.*

Before latest upgrade
72136*

* *Will post after pics soon.*
9 REPLIES 9

Menthol
Level 14
Rob,
Very nice, looking forward to see your progress

G75rog
Level 10
I see you are running a Kraken cpu cooler as do I on a 7900x with 64gb RAM and 5 NVME 960 Pro ssd's.
I also run a Radeon Vega 64 liquid and gave all my Koolance cooling gear to my son.
The Apex/Hyperx16 I'm using is the third MB to inhabit this case and psu.

The main thing I do is run a 1200w NZXT Hale90 PSU in a Corsair 800d case. No matter what I add to the MB the PSU is never stressed and runs COOL and QUIET.

Have fun with your build.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Obsidian 900d arrived ok, ordered *EKwb full custom loop ( seems reliable company) now waiting on post,*
As to he psu ? *Yes it might be safer to upgrade as well, ah well a bit more research lol.
I find myself getting a twinge of nervousness regarding the water cooling so will be taking plenty of time to avoid any disasters with it.*
Edit..
also bit the bullet and ordered the die mate x, I have u tube coming out of my ears from watching so many delidding tutorial videos, and reports but I feel I am ready for this one.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Well everything has arrived, including die mate so practised first on my M8E i7 6700k delidding went well, just booted it up today and will startbenching later,
THEN, onto the R6E i9 7980 delidding and get the beast built!*

Menthol
Level 14
Alright Rob, glad to hear your parts have arrived, delidding is the key to Intel happiness, although I have delidded numerous socket 1151 chips I sent my 980XE to Silicon Lottery, waiting on return at the moment.
There are many water cooling parts available these days but EK has kind of set the standard for others, especially with GPU blocks

Rob_W_
Level 12
Hi Menthol, yes the i7 was a easy one to delid *took it up to 4.9 yesterday just on the multiplyers max temp on RBench 60deg so loads of headroom there ( got to get over 5ghz, just personal)lol.
From all the instructional vids on the i9 I feel confident to have a go at this one too, then get it all built,
I did think about sending mine off for delid but ‘ can’t bare the thought of letting it out of my hands’ lol, *I’m actually more nervous about the custom loop than delidding, but all in turn then I can start chasing your score again, I hope you get yours back ok , it’ll be interesting to see your scores after.

Menthol
Level 14
If your not using hard tubing a water loop is not difficult, first time is a little scary putting water in your box of electronics, first time testing for leaks for hours now I fill it up and turn it on, I use barb fittings and zip tie the tubing and never had a leak, not pretty but secure
Are you using a full cover block or a CPU block and separate VRM block, I have never used a full cover block, they take extra care in installation for good contact, A CPU block is easier to mount and can be removed easier. The Titan's have a lot of small screws, do a little research and be careful removing them, bag them up and keep them in the box for resale

Rob_W_
Level 12
I went for soft tubing but on reflection hard tubing looks nicer, yes, if you get it right.
using the full cover block so will take extra caution installing it, I do see what you mean about separate blocks though!
And as to screws,,, I am notorious for loosing the odd screw, I normally find them in the vacuum cleaner ha ha.
Making some space at the mo so I can work on the new case, the 900d is quite a beast size wise.*

Rob_W_
Level 12
Here’s start of assembly, wife said ITS BLOODY HUGE! Lol but she has no idea what’s going in that cavern,
Thinking of ordering a second EKwb d5res/ pump and 420 rad, swap soft tubing for hard and have cpu and gpu on dedicated cooling, could look cool I think?
Spending a bit of time working out where I want the tubing runs, just loving the challenge!
Still have the M8e up and running for sometime out gaming (occasionally) just need more room.
I had been wondering whether to use colour or clear coolant but then looking at my glass I had my answer lol.
Fill it with red wine hahaha.*
* 72414**