cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme, AMD 3960x, no "what u hear" or "stereo mix" recording option

mboogie
Level 9
Hi, In my previous PC build I was able to select "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" as an Input device in order to record what was coming out of the PC's speakers. In this new system that option isn't available. I still cannot see it via show hidden or disabled devices options. Can anyone help, thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

mboogie
Level 9
No help?
To ask in another way...has the audio system in this motherboard done away with the ability to select a "what u hear" / "stereo mix" option?

mboogie
Level 9
Close to 3 months later and still no response.
Pretty stunning support we have here in the forum - thanks Asus. I'm leaning very strongly towards permanently halting any future purchases of Asus products.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound AMD TRX40 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS TRX40 MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (MB | Intel 5xx/6xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Regarding your recording needs, Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer (in Sonic Studio III) will cover this need :

From official ROG SS3-DTS Sound Unbound motherboards overviews :
SONIC STUDIO VIRTUAL MIXER
A virtual audio device that lets streamers combine sound output and output from different apps.
This allows you to mix your voice and video game audio within streaming software. A variety of adjustment and monitoring tools provide a high level of digital control.