cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 11 memory integrity disabled

francesco_sapio
Level 7
Hi to everybody. I have an issue. On my Windows 11 if I enable memory integrity option, after rebooting, ASUS suite III doesn't boot and Windows shows me some error messages in which refers to the fact that it couldn't to start any asus drivers. Is it a well known problem? My motherboard is maximus hero viii. Thanks in advance.
15 REPLIES 15

marell
Level 8
I have the same problem, with memory integrity enabled my Ryujin II does not show me the speed in GHz of the CPU on the integrated LCD, and the same for AI SUITE.

Nate152
Hi Guys,

It's referring to the Core isolation, I'm not sure how critical it is. Apparently, it's disabled because I have virtualization disabled in the bios, so I let it disabled.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Guys,

It's referring to the Core isolation, I'm not sure how critical it is. Apparently, it's disabled because I have virtualization disabled in the bios, so I let it disabled.

Yes, but if I have virtualization enabled since I need it for my studies, how can I resolve this? I would like to have all the functionalities from my Ryujin 2, I hope that this can be fixed by an update

I guess Core Isolation is a new feature of windows which basically is not supported by AI Suite.
So you should either turn it off or do not rely on asus software like AI Suite.

When these Core Isolation and Memory Integrity are enabled, Windows uses hardware virtualization features to create a secure area of system memory that’s isolated from the normal operating system. Windows can run system processes and security software in this secure area. This protects important operating system processes from being tampered with by anything running outside the secure area.

Even if malware is running on your PC and knows an exploit that should allow it to crack these Windows processes, the virtualization-based security is an additional layer of protection that will isolate them from attack.

As for me, I do not start AI suite at all, because it's quite useless for my purposes, I used it for overclocking after initial setup of my PC and then removed it from autostart.

some video games use a driver, like PUBG , which disables a function in your CPU that windows pings - that's what that might be about.
can remove the 'anti cheat' but that game is over then...

Lokis wrote:
I guess Core Isolation is a new feature of windows which basically is not supported by AI Suite.
So you should either turn it off or do not rely on asus software like AI Suite.

When these Core Isolation and Memory Integrity are enabled, Windows uses hardware virtualization features to create a secure area of system memory that’s isolated from the normal operating system. Windows can run system processes and security software in this secure area. This protects important operating system processes from being tampered with by anything running outside the secure area.

Even if malware is running on your PC and knows an exploit that should allow it to crack these Windows processes, the virtualization-based security is an additional layer of protection that will isolate them from attack.

As for me, I do not start AI suite at all, because it's quite useless for my purposes, I used it for overclocking after initial setup of my PC and then removed it from autostart.

And like this guy said, game programmers are far behind operating system programmers, which take their time...
Sounds like what I said would be your problem though. Is an anticheat driver in your /windows folder which crashes you. Good details though

I'm guessing that's your problem, is some operating system error because that function doesn't work with some anti cheat software, gotta trade off. Only notice virtualization is a security option when you get warned about it. I recommend installing PUBG just to study the anticheat file which contests virtualization.
Have a good one 🙂

actually can make a simple hack around that if you want, by making a symlink to a system folder in another directory , can be on the same drive - how windows works is as a broken version of unix that forever patches itself though, same thing, uses segmented memory addressing vs direct is the main thing in assembly.
windows executable file format is a direct plagiarisation of unix's, but poe - coff became the new norm for all games etc.
i'd need to interact with you to make that happen though, if pm's exist on here 🙂 i might reinstall pubg myself

DeathRaven
Level 8
I am also facing this issue. Currently also keeping the core isolation disabled. If I try to enable core isolation and restart Ai Suite tells me I need to turn it off again.