cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible experience with asus RMA support

DimitriosR
Level 7
It is unfortunate I have to describe my terrible experience I have so far with Asus tech support. Long story short. My name is Dimitrios I m from Greece and I bought an asus hero vi from a fellow member of a tech forum all my life I m buying asus motherboards without having the slightest problem and confident enough I haven't got a purchase receipt. This time I was unlucky the motherboard after some time stopped working and fried my 4470k cpu. What happened ? I just pressed the sleep button and after that the motherboard didn't recover. I exchanged cpu and motherboard with different spare parts replacements and the result was that both cpu and mb were dead. I tried to contact asus tech support re asus and despite I explained them the situation they are trying to avoid to support me and honor the asus warranty below messages are explaining the situation so far. If you do have any constructive comment pls let me know. I m quite disappointed. It's been a month now I cannot find a solution.

Subject:
Re: Motherboard MAXIMUS VI HERO [ID=RWTM20150822154019279-889]

Dear Mr.Papastergiou,

I m repeating my self here. As I explained you before I m not able to contact seller anymore in order to inform me who was the retailer hence, I m requesting relative rma support directly from your side. I tried to contact your distributor here in Greece as you suggested who stated he is not dealing with end users only with retailers they said that they tried to contact you for this matter if n order to help the situation and you never replied to them about my case. I m quite disappointed with all excuses pls HONOR your warranty commitment to end user.Simply as that !

Your action is highly required.

Brgds
D.Rigas

Dear valued customer

For motherboards that have been purchased from a Greek redistributor, the full duration of the warranty can only be covered directly from the seller.

Since you are unsure as of who is the original seller, if possible please attempt to contact your seller in order to request for a copy of the invoice so that you may forward this product to the original seller for its diagnosis and repair/replacement.

Best regards
Asus Help Desk

---------- Original Message ----------

Dear Mr.Papastergiou,

As per Asus warranty card from asus website if purchase proof cannot be provided ,
the manufactured date of product will be considered as date of purchase. My product
is clearly less than 3 years manufactured. I wait from Asus to honor their warranty
policy.

Warranty period of the Product
This warranty could be from 36 months up to 60 months (depending on motherboard
model) from the date the Product was first purchased by an end-customer (“Date Of
Purchase”). If proof of purchase cannot be provided, the manufacture date of the
Product will be considered as date of purchase. For details on the Product’s warranty
period, visit the Product’s Support > Warranty page on the ASUS website at
http://www.asus.com.com
Unquote

Awaiting for your reply.

Brgds
D.Rigas

Dear valued customer

Regarding the below described case, unfortunately, without the original proof of
purchase this product is considered as out of warranty.

If possible please attempt to contact your seller in order for him to provide you with a
photo of the proof of purchase.

If the seller does not have the proof of purchase, he can call his retailer and request
that the proof of purchase be reprinted for him.

Best regards
Asus Help Desk

Dear Mr. Papastergiou,

Have contacted as per your instructions below the distributor of Asus for Greece
Infoquest Technologies, Technical Back Office Administrator Ms. Stamatiadou tel
+302119991260 email: qservices@info.quest.gr which after forwarding her our below
emails exchanged so far , she replied me that after contacting with Asus, Infoquest
cannot accept this product back without receipt of purchase and that help desk of Asus
didn't give me the correct guidance/info regarding this matter and she asked me to
contact you again. I am quoting below message from Infoquest.

Can you please advise what is the next step ? Is it possible to solve matter DIRECTLY
from your side? I hoped that the whole situation would be solved so far and I am
almost a month without a computer waiting for the positive outcome of current
situation.

Please feel free to contact me by phone as last time couldn't pick it up as I was busy
and your caller id didn't ring any bell until I saw you tried to contact me.

Awaiting for your reply.

B.Rigas

Dear valued customer

Regarding the below case, we attempted to contact you by phone but were unable to.

For this motherboard, the RMA procedure must be made directly from the seller.

If you are unable to contact your seller (E-gate) then please contact the distributor of
this MB (INFO QUEST TECHNOLOGIES S.A.) in order to request for the diagnosis and
repair/replacement of the product.

For information and Technical Support please try to contact the Greek Support at:
00800 44142044 ( TOLL FREE ) (not available from mobile phones and VoiP phones)
(09am to 13pm - 14pm to 19pm, Monday to Friday). ( From Cyprus: 800 92491 )
Email: support@asus.gr

Thank you for contacting ASUS Technical Service.

Best Regards
ASUS HELP DESK

[ID=RWTM20150728041319160-498]

[CASEID=WTM20150812043634980]

Dear Mr. Papastergiou,

Just to clarify matter with invoice of motherboard. The motherboard was purchased as
secondhand few months ago and i haven't got a copy
of receipt neither i can be sure that egate was the retailer as i cannot contact the seller
anymore. This motherboard type is less than 3 years in the market thus still covered
by warranty so there must be another procedure to rma it without involving a local
retailer. If you happen to know from s/n which retailer sold this motherboard that would
be great. I would appreciate any alternative solution on this matter solving this
warranty issue DIRECTLY with Asus.

Best Regards

Dear valued customer

Regarding the below described case, unfortunately for this product, the full warranty of
the product is covered directly from your dealer.

Regarding your inoice, according to the law you can request from your seller to reprint
the invoice if you are within 5 years from the date of purchase.
Your seller is then oliged by law to provide you with a reprint of the proof of purchase.

Please inform us should there be any problems with the repair/replacement
procedure.

Best regards
Asus Help Desk

[ID=RWTM20150724080703971-550]

[CASEID=WTM20150728041319160]

Dear Mr. Papastergiou,

I followed your instructions and get no sound from the speaker/beeper. With both the
motherboard 24pin cable and the cpu 8pin cable connected, when I power the system
on it turns off in less than one second so no sound/beep is produced. If I disconnect
the 8pin and power on the board, it stays on, gives the "00" error code but again
there's no beeping error sound from it.

It feels rather strange for something like this to happen just because I put the system
in sleep mode through the keyboard though!!!

However, if there is no solution other than replacing the motherboard do you know if I
can do that in direct cooperation with Asus instead of the dealer I bought it from? I am
asking because I've lost the invoice of purchase so I doubt they will accept to do any
work on the board without it.

Dear valued customer

Regarding the described problem, if possible please attempt to remove everything
from the motherboard except from the PSU, the CPU and the speaker/beeper and
attempt to power it on.

If during this test no beeps can be heard then please contact your dealer in order for
him to arrange for the repair/replacement of the card.

If during this test multiple beeps can be heard then please inform us about the nature
of the beeps (for example 1 long and 2 short).

Best regards
Asus Help Desk

[CASEID=WTM20150724080703971]

Apply date : 2015/07/24 00:07:03(UTC Time
[Product Information]
Product Type : Motherboard
Product Model : MAXIMUS VI HERO
Product S/N : D8M0AB384272
Place of Purchase : E-GATE
Date of Purchase : 2014/02/11

[Motherboard Specification]
Motherboard Revision : 1.02
Motherboard BIOS Revision : 1603

[CPU Specification]
CPU Vendor : INTEL
CPU Type : I7 4770K
CPU Speed : 3.5GHZ

[Memory Specification]
Memory Vendor : KINGSTON
Memory Model : GKHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G
Memory Capacity : 2*4GB

[HDD Specification]
HDD Vendor : SAMSUNG
HDD Model : 850 EVO
HDD Capacity : 250GB

[Add-on Card Specificatio]
Operating System : Windows 8.1 64bit

[Problem Description]
A couple of days ago I pressed the sleep button on my keyboard. The computer went
into sleep mode but never recovered. I had to power off the pc and when I turned it
back on I got a q-code error "00" and after about a second the motherboard turned off.
Every time I try to power on it does the same thing. Starts for a sec, gives error "00",
and turns off. I have tried the following without success: 1) different psu, 2) different
psu cables, 3) different memory, 4) removed and re-installed CPU, 5) removed all
other connected cables and devices from the motherboard, 6) Flashed both the latest
BIOS 1603 and the previous one 1505 through USB.
13 REPLIES 13

Praz
Level 13
Hello

In this instance ASUS is correct. For the EU market the first point of contact regarding warranty claims is the reseller. Also warranties are not transferable. The warranty is only valid for the original purchaser when bought new.

DimitriosR
Level 7
Hello Praz can you pls point me to relative warranty clause justifying your allegations ?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Reseller being the first point of contact is governed by EU laws. The new purchase requirement can be found in at least two places in the document linked below.

https://eu-rma.asus.com/pickup_europe/motherboard_warranty_card_for_web.pdf

DimitriosR
Level 7
Hello Praz , pls point me to the specific clause you are referring to , pdf mentions also that product can be sent to repair center of asus and if no purchase receipt is available then warranty counts from the manufacturing date of product. Can I have yr thoughts on this matter ?

InfernoStorm
Level 10
For most manufacturers in Europe, the warranty is normally handled through the retailer. Normally for most, the first two years is handled through retailer then the remaining is handled through the manufacturer. It does appear that for ASUS in Europe that you have to go through retailer for warranty for the entire duration. This is actually quite common policy that most users have become accustomed to. EU laws force manufacturers to offer a minimum 2 years warranty for all products. Also warranty is not transferable so since you purchased this second hand then you risk buying products that will probably not have any warranty coverage.

It's kind of a hard case to fight imo, all you can do is try to convince ASUS to let distributor bypass the purchase receipt requirement. If they can't do that then I don't think it's possible to get the motherboard replaced.

Dear Inferno , with all due respect and having read asus warranty policy quite a few times there is no any clause stating that warranty is not transferable. What if you are in another country and you cannot contact the retailer?What if the retailer goes out of business? Don't you think that asus must back up customers? What I m asking from asus is to step up and honor their warranty policy directly from their side and it seems they are turning their back. From previous experience, other hardware manufacturers do as follows. I.e a xfx , western digital Sony , Intel They are checking the s/n of products and if still in warranty period as per date of manufacturing they give the green light for rma after checking the product and that's it. I feel I m mistreated here and I m considering to report this to European consumer centre.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Below is from the link I posted above. Please explain which part of these clauses you do not understand.

This ASUS manufacturer warranty (the “Warranty”) is granted by ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Taiwan (“ASUS”)to “You”, the purchaser of the newly manufactured motherboard

This Warranty applies only if the Product was newly manufactured on the date of purchase.

DimitriosR
Level 7
Dear Praz,

Where does it say that warranty is not transferable to new owner ? Nowhere!!!

I understand it's your job to backup Asus on the forum but at least you're can propose / help or reply with a constructive comment for a change helping and users in trouble.

Regards

Praz
Level 13
Hello

It is not "my job" to back up anything. The warranty, multiple times, plainly states it is valid when the board is newly purchased. You purchased it used. End of story. If continuing to rant about what you wish was fact instead of the actual facts makes you feel better please continue to do so. This will be my last post regarding this though.