http://www.youhavedownloaded.com/

I find it a little scary but I don't know if it's just scam or not :S

Perhaps this is old news but it would be fun to see what you think about this 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
My understanding is that no it is not a scam, but it also isn't (currently) being used for any specific purpose. Basically they decided to try scraping the data just to see if they could. I wouldn't worry about this specific list being used against you as the evidence was not obtained in a judicious manner but they might license the technology. It's not like they have created something new since this type of thing is already being used to generate extortion letters, er lawsuits, but it does raise the profile and awareness. This could be a good or bad thing. Good in that people may be more aware that they can be tracked and bad that it may interest previously uninterested rights holders to go on a suing spree.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

chrsplmr
Level 18
X...u never cease to amaze. well said.c.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Thanks for your reply xermoist.
I've read a new article from the same site where I found youhavedownloaded.com and what I read there is the same as your saying about it could be a good or a bad thing. 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

xeromist
Interesting. I didn't read or write the article you are referring to, but they must be a very smart person since they agree with me. 😉
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Z3roSix
Level 7
Well i tested it but the only it showed i downloaded was something called "Internet Download Manager 5.19.1 Precracked".

Oh really i say :D.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Humans TOP 3 best friends:

1.Dogs
2.Google Search
3.Zip Tie

Hehe, that side did find some torrents series that I had downloaded from kat.ph from november to desember, that I didn't like 😛

xeromist wrote:
Interesting. I didn't read or write the article you are referring to, but they must be a very smart person since they agree with me. 😉

In that article they say if it's going to be a hit, the record industy would use that to track down the people who downloads music for free.
But we are safe until further notice ^^
If you want to read this article on norwegian here is the site itavisen 😛
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337
Level 10
Is there any other members that is a little bit afraid of this site or is it just me that is paranoid :P?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Is there any other members that is a little bit afraid of this site or is it just me that is paranoid :P?

Well, it's worth noting that while there is a chance of false positives, people who aren't pirating have little to fear. But beyond that this capability has already existed. They aren't really doing anything new except now you've seen what can be done. If anything I think it's good for people to have a healthy fear. They'll be more careful.

As I mentioned previously though, I'm a bit afraid that this will lead to more rights holders thinking it's a good idea to sue their customer base. Even if some of the pirates never bought a thing you can bet that some of them did. Anyone you sue will be a lot less likely to buy from you in the future and a lot more likely to badmouth you to everyone they know. It's just a bad business decision promoted by profiteering lawyers.