cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number in AI Suite 3

treadhead194
Level 7
Purchased a Maximus VII Gene, which I like very much but unfortunately I have to RMA because the USB 3.0 will not work at all despite everything I and tech support have tried. Nothing is perfect. But my question is in regards to AI Suite 3, particularly when you access the System information. Looking at the Motherboard information there is a serial number, I'm guessing that number is supposed to be the serial number of the board, however looking at the back of the board there is a serial number but it does not match what the AI Suite 3 is reporting. I found the serial number for the board right under the CPU mounting bracket on the underside of the board. My question is am I right? or is there another number somewhere? The number I found matches the SN on the box. If this number holds true then what is the serial number that the AI Suite 3 is reporting? The version of AI Suite 3 that I am running is V1.00.79. I have to admit that I am new to this type of board but I do like the AI Suite 3, lost of good information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

kkn
Level 14
treadhead194 wrote:
The version of AI Suite 3 that I am running is V1.00.79. I have to admit that I am new to this type of board but I do like the AI Suite 3

that is just the version of the ai suite.
and it is not a serial number.
it is just the "generation and version" of the AI-suite it self.