cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth Z87 BIOS problem

ladybreaker
Level 7
Hello , hope some one can help on this.
I have a Sabertooth Z87 that i built myself about 4 years ago and up to last year it was fine, even now its fine but the problem I noted last year was that I could not access BIOS advance mode, but pc is working fine.
Lately i note that every time I start the pc it go to a black screen giving me the option to press F2 or DEL to configer Bios , once there it is unable to change or save anything but once there the only way to select "EXIT AND DISREGARD ANY CHANGES" and then the operating system kick in .
So I was thinking to update the bios to the latest one because the present BIOS is 1205 from 2013 I nether updated bios, pc has been working fine up to now,
But i do not want to leave too late just in case it get worst and can not access pc at all, so my questions are:

1 .can I fix this without updating BIOS
2. If updating BIOS will I loose existing Bios settings
3. Is it a way to save existing settings ? remember I can not access advanced mode
4. best safe way to update BIOS

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

davemon50
Level 11
Have you tried using the F5 button in the Save menu page (exit and disregard...) to see if it will restore the BIOS defaults and get you going again? Also, in the BIOS opening page does the F7 button work?

I would update the BIOS. If you can't get to the Tools menu in BIOS it's difficult to save your settings to a file, there may be a way but I don't know of another one.
Davemon50

Hello there and thanks for replying.
No F5 doesnt safe default but button work
F7 button work but once i select OK to enter advance mode i get a black screen and nothing else

davemon50
Level 11
Well you are several versions behind, probably the best course is to update. Consider downloading several newer versions, and update to the latest first. If you have problems with that one you can try some of the earlier ones you also downloaded.
Davemon50

Thanks

OK I will try to do a BIOS flashbback update with usb stick
Wish me good luck !!!!!!

One more question before doing the BIOS flash back update , is there any need to disconnect any SSd or SATA driver or any others

davemon50
Level 11
Should be no need. I only do that (except for the main drive) if I am installing Windows.
Davemon50