cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Box ROG STRIX x570E motherboard Without Seal?

drodow
Level 7
Hello,
Without going into a lot of excruciating detail about calls to Amazon and ASUS . . . I ordered a ROG STIX x570E motherboard from Amazon. The box was not taped or sealed nor was the inner static bag. This seems like an open box to me but maybe ASUS ships like this? Can anyone comment, thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
I don't recall a static bag being taped on any recent purchase from any brand. Do you see other signs that the product has been used such as dust? If you plan to keep the card and you are concerned I would make sure you can register it on the ASUS site. As long as you can register it you will have the full warranty.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

No, there was no other indication of being an open box, other than it WAS an open box. Without some type of sealing how does the customer know it is not another persons returned product or not? Seems like that is a reasonable assumption to me but I may be old fashioned. You are right about the warranty, but I'd rather not build the PC only to find out it has issues if you know what I mean. Thanks for the reply.

Nate152
Hi drodow

I agree with xeromist, see if you can register it and go from there.

I can see why there would be red flags but if you bought it new, then you likely have a new motherboard.

For good measure, you could give it a good inspection around the cpu socket for traces of thermal paste.

BigJohnny
Level 13
The last several Ive bought were in a non sealed box and no static bag. Everything was there, protective film in place.
I registered the warranty and called it a day. Been that way on the last 3 Ive gotten.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
For Strix motherboards, it's generally like that. ROG motherboards naturally come in more premium packaging with trays and hard PE plastic covers. Depending on the country, there may be a seal on the color box. Unlike other product lines, MBs must launch on very specific dates, and occassionally extra documentation/instructions may need to be inserted into boxes at the last minute. Please contact your supplier asap if any concerns. Let us know for unresolved disputes. Thanks.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
For Strix motherboards, it's generally like that. ROG motherboards naturally come in more premium packaging with trays and hard PE plastic covers. Depending on the country, there may be a seal on the color box. Unlike other product lines, MBs must launch on very specific dates, and occassionally extra documentation/instructions may need to be inserted into boxes at the last minute. Please contact your supplier asap if any concerns. Let us know for unresolved disputes. Thanks.

I just received my order from ASUS and the box is sealed, I don't know what AMAZON is doing but even when I told them it was an open box, they sent me another one. The ASUS box WAS sealed, just as I thought it should be 90323

Nate152