Did you mean: 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti To Cost Around $650 To Rival R9 290X

01_Wolverine
Level 12
Got my hopes up.
Taken from
WCCFtech.com today October 22,2013

Quote:

Last week, NVIDIA announced their latest flagship GeForce GTX 780 Ti graphics card based on the GK110 core architecture. The new GeForce GTX 780 Ti launches in mid of November but aside from the release date, NVIDIA didn’t gave out any more information on their upcoming product.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti To Cost Around $650 To Rival R9 290X

Thanks to Sweclockers, we know atleast know that the GeForce GTX 780 Ti as our previous speculation would end up around the $650 range while the Geforce GTX 780 would receive a price cut. Sources close to Sweclockers say that NVIDIA will price the GeForce GTX 780 Ti around the same price range as the GeForce GTX 780 which retails at $650 and possibly lower through some retailers. But NVIDIA has plans to give the GeForce GTX 780 price cuts too so it can directly compete against the upcoming Hawaii graphic cards.

AMD has currently two products based on the Hawaii GPU planned for launch. The Radeon R9 290X ‘Hawaii XT’ would be launched this week with the Radeon R9 290 ‘Hawaii Pro’ part possibly launching this month or early next month to target the holiday season. From the current benchmarks, we have seen that the Radeon R9 290X is giving the GeForce GTX 780 a hard time and is going to be priced around the same range. But NVIDIA will not stop at just seeing their flagship cards get obliterated by the red team.

NVIDIA’s strategy is to give their GeForce GTX 780 a price cut probably after the GeForce GTX Holiday bundle expires late next month. NVIDIA will wait for the AMD Radeon R9 290 to launch and based upon its price give their GeForce GTX 780 a massive price cut to compete specifically against the Hawaii Pro card. Since both would be about the same in terms of performance, the one offering more value in the end would be deemed the winner.

The GeForce GTX 780 Ti which is faster than the GeForce GTX 780 would rival the AMD Radeon R9 290X at the $650 price range. It is yet to be seen what specifications the new card holds since most of the GPU-z shots which leaked yesterday were awfully fake. There are still some rumored specifications flying around the web but i will wait till our sources have a concrete word on them. NVIDIA is also planning a price cut for the GeForce GTX 770 which is retailing at $20 cheaper than its $399 launch price probably since the $299 R9 280X is the attraction around that price range. The price cut on the GTX 770 may not be as significant but it would sure make users re-think before selecting a AMD R9 280X graphic card.
1 REPLY 1

fbm211
Level 7
Good news. Finally competitive price wars like back in the day.
I'm just gonna hang on to my 680s cause I always skip a generation.
Ill wait till the next generation to roll out. Like the gtx 880. And hold out a few months for the price to drop.
600+ for a new catd---no thanks.
Maximus VII Apex
Intel i7 10700k @ 5GHZ
Custom Water Cooling
Patriot Viper Steel 4400 17-17-17-36-300-2t
GeForce RTX 2080 Hydro Copper
WD Black NVMe 750 500g
Seasonic Focus GX-850
Lian LI O11D XL
Dell S3220DF Monitor
Vanatoo T 0s speaker system
ROG mouse