cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice following bad RMA experience

Elizium
Level 7
Hello there !

Using Asus laptops since years, i had to replace early this year my old N73SV with something more powerful, as i do a lot of gaming, but also plenty of graphic works (photoshop, premiere, etc) with big sized pictures (28mb/pic), so i let myself seduced from all the reviews and benches on the web, and went for the Rog G752VY in its 32GB version which cost me for sure pretty much money. For this amount, and considering my good experience with Asus in the past, i guess i made a choice of quality so i wouldn't worry for a few years. As i'm an ex-IT Technician, i had my little preferences regarding brands and hardware.

Passed the first days enjoying and discovering the "beast", i start noticing little weird things (behaviour) but didn't flip out, as the laptop was new and i didn't know Win10 so much, so i simply noted it and keep on exploring the machine. 2 months later, these little weird things became annoying, and i decided using the restoration tool from Win, in order to recover a machine "like out of the factory". Everything went fine till the reboot : Win wouldn't then restart, the machine keeping restarting in a loop. It didn't took me long to figure out the ssd was dead (physically there in the bios, but invisible in the win instal tool or any othet diag tools i used). After contacting several branches of Asus support (as the machine was bought in France, but i'm residing in Japan) i got finally scheduled for RMA at the Chiba (Tokyo) branch and prepared my laptop consequently : bought some bubble wrap and other safety wrapping to be sure the machine won't be damage during transportation, despite the fact that the JP Post is overcareful and efficient here.

It took them 14 days + several emails from me + calls from my wife to their hotline to send me -finally- an email pretending they didn't noticed any of the problems i mentionned except for the SSD issue, which they confirmed dead and proposed to change. I asked them to contact me directly the same day for further informations about their work on the machine, it took them 5 days more to answer one line saying they need more time to inquire. From then, i didn't receive any answer at all anymore from their support, neither my wife by calling, so i contacted the french and taiwanese support to complain about the delays and lack of communication, as this laptop is my working tool, but only the french support did answer they cannot do anything, and quality of support is similar worlwide, etc.

At this point, i could only count the days and get more and more angry, as there was no communication at all from their side. Finally, they returned me the laptop after a total of 34 days without any apologies. This could be the end of the story and another drop in the ocean of complaints from Asus customers, but it's sadfully only the beginning of the problems and the purpose of writing this post.

As i received the laptop, my first action after taking the wrapping away was to control the machine and i noticed followings :

1/ the right side was deeply scratched, like with a screwdriver (remember i wrapped my 2 month blank new G752 with bubble wrap ?)
2/ as i took the corner of the laptop between my fingers to slide it on the table in front of me, it "click" because it was not correctly clipsed.
3/ as i opened the trap under the laptop to compaire the serial numbers of the "new" SSD, i noticed they did keep the old cooling strip (it was a bit teared and dusty)
4/ i still had the same issues with the laptop sleep mode playing mad (whatever i use for settings, it goes randomly in sleep mode after 1-2 min max, had to complety deactivate it)
5/ i also still have the fan blowing with maximal power when the machine goes out of sleep mode (also randomly) without a reason, and the only way to stop it is to shut the machine, then restart. Only restart would not stop them.
6/ new problem which i didn't have before : randomly, the subwoofer under the laptop starts to make crappy sounds, crrr crrr crr while listening music, playing a game, watching a video, talking in teamspeak, etc. Like if it would be on maximal volume, even if reduce to minimal.

So, we contacted again Asus JP to have explanations, which for sure they didn't gave us, only proposing to send again the laptop in RMA (what will they break this time ?) and asking us the same questions which they already had the answer through the previous emails, including pictures of the damages. They were supposed to recontact me or my wife 2 months ago, they didn't for sure.

I paid 2400€ for this machine, because i wanted quality and power, in order to do my work more efficiently and only had troubles and even disputes because of the stess with my wife, which let me a feeling of bitterness and disgust for this company, as i worked myself in the customer care field, and never saw or heard about such bad support, as well concerning the lack of communication as the technical work they did.

To be honest, i gave up at this point, as i cannot afford this stress anymore and have to catch up with the work i couldn't do during these 34 days, but i would appreciate to hear if anyone else had such problems with RMA, and also especially regarding the fans+sleep mode problem and the subwoofer issue.

Thanks in advance to those which took the time to read the whole post,

Have a nice day.

1 REPLY 1

Bahz
Level 12
I'm sorry to hear about the experience with the RMA, if you could please send me a private message me with the RMA# and also any previous transcripts with the service team. I'll do what I can from my end to further escalate the issue, and we'll do what we can to help provide a solution for you as soon as possible.