cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my disappointmen

popeye87
Level 7
first of all sorry for any typos, english isnt my native.

i wrote this post just cause i needed to vent out a bit

about two years ago i bought an new pc and chose to go with the maximus VII ranger
built it myself and it was working perefect for a year till one morning i woke up and the pc was off,
though maybe my gf turned it off before she went to sleep but when i came home from work and turned it on
to my surprise i got error 00, after trying everything i could find on the web i took it back to the store.
after 3 trips to the lab (each one takes a week) they decided to replace it with a new one (at least that one was waiting in the store)

got home happy, plugged everything back, turned it on and it worked until i noticed usb 3 is off 😞 turning it on disabled all my usb ports...
another web crwle for answers, another trip to the store, another week of waiting and they gave me a new board this time the VII Hero.

worked perfect for a year and again i get code 00.
this time it took only 2 trips to the lab before they gave me a new one.
not rog but gigabyte since that line isnt being imported anymore.

seems rog products have a 1 year expiration date, or maybe im just an unlucky guy.

anyway just had to share my expirience with rog, dont think im gonna buy any of their products anymore.
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi popeye87

Sorry to hear that.

It sounds like bad luck to me, ROG is quality stuff. 🙂

That was nice of them for upgrading you to the Hero VII, it's a step up from the Ranger.

You have pretty much everything listed in your specs except your psu.

What psu are you using ?

Here in the U.S. Asus gives a 3 year warranty on their motherboards.

it was a nice upgrade indid, shame it worked for only a year.

and we have a 3 year warranty, problem is like i said the maximus VII arent being imported and sold anymore

about the PSU cant find where to update the specs but its an antec vp700p.

Nate152
To update your specs click the head in the white circle at the top right of the forum page, click inbox then on the left under " My Settings" click Edit profile.

I won't say your psu is the cause of your boards dying but I might look at one with a single +12v rail.