cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel ME driver or Intel Chipset drivers or both for Z490-A

jarablue
Level 7
On my z490-A boards page it only lists the intel ME driver. Not the intel chipset drivers. Does this board not need chipset drivers and just need the ME driver?

Also where can I download the latest ME drivers at for z490 chipset? Nothing points to anything on google for this chipset. Is there ME firmware I can upgrade also?

You guys have any idea? Thanks a bunch!
4 REPLIES 4

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your ROG Strix Z490-A Gaming motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (Z490)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers (Drivers Only Package)

Package - 1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx

- Intel MEI Drivers with SoftwareComponent Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only)

Drivers - I22x-V (2.5GbE)

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your Z490-A motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (Z490)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers (Drivers Only Package)

Package - 1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx

- Intel MEI Drivers with SoftwareComponent Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only)

Drivers - I22x-V (2.5GbE)

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

If you have an ASUS ROG Strix Z490-A Gaming motherboard :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

If you have an ASUS PRIME Z490-A motherboard :

You have an ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME/TUF DTSX Ultra MB) from the first post of the thread.

jarablue
Level 7

So I have a question. The image I attached. Will your SATA/AHCI/RAID drivers update in my device manager the intel raid 0 volume under disk drives or will it update under storage controllers the intel chipset sata/pcie rst premium controller drivers?

Because I downloaded the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software V17.9.4.1017 from asus website for my board. Are your drivers an updated version of what's on asus website? I tried installing your drivers but could not. They just failed on me. For the raid that is. Realtek, chipset, mei firmware and mei drivers all worked fine. Just have those questions about your RAID drivers. Thanks!

I figured it out. The drivers you listed for RAID are older than the drivers listed on asus website for my board. I looked at the timestamps for your drivers and what is in the RST drivers from asus web. Your timestamps are from the month of 7 and on asus site it is the month of 8. So, to me, it looks like there are updated drivers on asus website. Maybe that is why I couldn't install them. Yours is an older version. Maybe. Just thinking.

jarablue wrote:
So I have a question. The image I attached. Will your SATA/AHCI/RAID drivers update in my device manager the intel raid 0 volume under disk drives or will it update under storage controllers the intel chipset sata/pcie rst premium controller drivers?

Because I downloaded the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software V17.9.4.1017 from asus website for my board. Are your drivers an updated version of what's on asus website? I tried installing your drivers but could not. They just failed on me. For the raid that is. Realtek, chipset, mei firmware and mei drivers all worked fine. Just have those questions about your RAID drivers. Thanks!

I figured it out. The drivers you listed for RAID are older than the drivers listed on asus website for my board. I looked at the timestamps for your drivers and what is in the RST drivers from asus web. Your timestamps are from the month of 7 and on asus site it is the month of 8. So, to me, it looks like there are updated drivers on asus website. Maybe that is why I couldn't install them. Yours is an older version. Maybe. Just thinking.

Hi,

No, the 17.9.4.1017 WHQL drivers visible on your motherboard support page are not newer than the 17.9.4.1017 WHQL drivers present on my thread, they are the same, the date ASUS displays is the ASUS release date, the date displayed on my threads (and that you can see via your RAID device : Device Manager > Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller) is the actual build date of the drivers. If you cannot install them it is simply that they are already installed.

Note : Your device Intel Raid 0 Volume in Disk drives category use the Microsoft built-in drivers like all your other devices in this category.