cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i7 Delid / Asus Motherboard OC Question

INDIVIDUUM
Level 7
Hey Guys,

so today i went ahead and delided my i7 7700k.
Its the first time i ever delided and i was very nervous.
Everything seems to work fine after some thermal Paste issue between ihs and cooler so i had to reinstall my H100i v2.
Until then i was sad that i would still get 80C + after delid , well i didnt apply enough thermal paste.

So now i searched for stable vcore for 5Ghz.

the 5ghz are stable at vcore 1.32v

Now ive set this to manual in the Asus Bios but i was wondering if there is a way to set it in offset or adaptive mode?
i googled and found some instructions but it still seems quiet complicated can someone maybe explain this to me how offset mode works?
Which value does it use for the offset?

Also another Question, do you guys think i can go higher in Voltage to reach higher clock?
ill add pictures below to give you idle and prime 95 temps.

I heard the limit for i7 7700k is 1.40 v ?? going higher will break it , is that true?

Anyways it was a rough day and i felt like a doctor doing surgery. lol

Id be thankful for any answers.

Have a nice Weekend. 🙂

Wrong pictures down there , sorry for that.
5 REPLIES 5

INDIVIDUUM
Level 7
Here are the up to date ones.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Read this guide by Raja aimed specifically at a delidded CPU like yours.

https://edgeup.asus.com/category/pcdiy/guides/
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Read this guide by Raja aimed specifically at a delidded CPU like yours.

https://edgeup.asus.com/category/pcdiy/guides/

Forgot to say ThankYou ! 🙂

Was very busy getting my system Stable with offset and LLC and finally no more crashes and everything works flawless.

Thanks again.

Nate152
Hi INDIVIDUUM

I've been running my delidded 7700k at 5.2GHz with 1.440v for the past 1 1/2 years with no signs of degradation.

Menthol
Level 14
Glad to hear you are all set up and stable, Adaptive mode is the only way to go on a daily rig