cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover deleted files from recycle bin

asusrogboy
Level 7
hi guys, can someone teach me how to recover deleted "print screen files" and "paint saved files" from the recycle bin. i needed them badly. thanks
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
left click on the recycle bin then open, and select restore those files you want to keep.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

asusrogboy
Level 7
i deleted my files from the recycle bin, now i want to recover them again

asusrogboy wrote:
i deleted my files from the recycle bin, now i want to recover them again

You'll need to google file recovery software, the free versions aren't as good as they claim to be...and the full versions are pretty expensive as far as I know.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ouch - try this it is maybe the best of the free options out there.

Recuva with Pandora Recovery also an option because it is so easy to use.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

asusrogboy
Level 7
i saw the file using pandora, even though I've recovered it, the files had been destroyed already 😞

asusrogboy wrote:
i saw the file using pandora, even though I've recovered it, the files had been destroyed already 😞

What that means is, the files have already been overwritten. Generally from my understanding, the free recovery tools only work if the data hasn't been overwritten. which leaves you with only one choice...purchase expensive deep recovery software that can go further than just the current/top layer of your hard drive. As far as I know, this software works on mechanical drives...not sure about the process if you are using an SSD and how SSD's handle deleting data.

asusrogboy
Level 7
im using hdd. Do u know any free recovery tool that can recover overwritten files?

X-ROG
Level 15
Nope, if the data area has been overwritten they've been rubbed out fully sorry. Usually when you delete something it just removes the location information but the data stays there until it gets randomly overwritten - it seems you've been unlucky though.

Gorman
Level 12
No, you can still restore data that has been overwritten. Havn't seen a program for it around, but it is possible.