cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a PC specs image and put a link to it in your signature

Petosiris
Level 9

Hi guys,

Have you missed the drop-down menu with your PC specs?  Me too, so I made my own. 

Tl7bu32

Here's how you can make one yourself:

1. Go to http://www.csgnetwork.com/htmlcodetest.html
  2. Copy & Paste the HTML code below here into the text field in the HTML And Script Code Tester.
  3. Edit the HTML code and change my specs to your own.  You may also change colors, fonts, and anything you want.
  4. Press the Test The HTML Code button and a pop-up window will display your new PC specs.
  5. Copy the window to clipboard with <alt><Print Screen> and paste it into an image editor (I use GIMP).
  6. Then cut out the part you want to display and save it to your disk, for example in your Desktop folder.
  7. Upload the image to an image share site, like imgur.
  8. Copy the link (in imgur it's "Direct Link") to your image and paste it into your signature - that is, if you have access to the signature field in your Settings.  It appeared there for me when I reached forum level 9.
  9. Save your preferences.
  10. You're done!  Test it by finding one of your earlier posts and click the link in your signature.

<head>
<style>
table {
background-color: black;
color: white;
border: 1px;
width: 600px;
}
caption {
colspan: 2;
background-color: #9e0000;
text-align: left;
height: 30px;
font-size: 25px;
padding-left: 5px;
}
td {
padding-left: 5px;
}
.reds {
background-color: #9e0000;
width: 180px;
}
</style>
</head>

<div><table>
<tr><caption><b>PC Specs</b</caption></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Motherboard</td><td>ASUS ProArt B550-Creator</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Processor</td><td>AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Memory (part number)<br><br></td><td>128 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4<br>
(F4-3600C16Q-128GTZN)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Graphics Card #1</td><td>MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080 Ti</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Graphics Card #2</td><td>PowerColor Liquid Devil RX 7900 XTX (future)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Sound Card</td><td>Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champion</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Monitor</td><td>LG 48" OLED Evo 4K OLED48C2 TV & Monitor</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Storage #1</td><td>4 TB Seagate Firecuda 530 M.2 SSD (system)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Storage #2</td><td>2 TB Seagate Firecuda 530 M.2 SSD (games)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Storage #3</td><td>4 TB Samsung 860 Evo SATA SSD (archive)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Storage #4</td><td>2 x 18 TB Seagate Exos X20 SATA HD (backup in RAID1)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>CPU Cooler</td><td>Alphacool Eiszeit 2000 Chiller</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Case</td><td>Thermaltake Core X9</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Power Supply</td><td>Corsair AX1200i Platinum</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Keyboard</td><td>Logitech K120</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Mouse</td><td>ASUS Cerberus</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Headset</td><td>Sennheiser PC 360</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Mouse Pad</td><td>Star Citizen Goliath (880x295 mm)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Headset/Speakers</td><td>Logitech Z-540 Speakers</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>OS</td><td>Linux Mint and Windows 11 Pro</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Network Router</td><td>ASUS ROG Rapture CT-AC5300</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Accessory #1</td><td>ASUS RT-AC5300 Gaming Router</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Accessory #2</td><td>Track-IR 5</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Accessory #3</td><td>Gaming Chair with HOTAS & Pedals</td></tr>
</table></div>

Here's how my signature looks like in the Settings --> Personal --> Personal Information --> Signature field:

image_2023-04-16_003702264.png

I put the link to the HTML tester and my PC specs in the Private notes field so I remember it to the next time.
Any questions or comments are welcome!

Best,
Petosiris           About me  |  PC specs  |  Favorite game  |  How to make a PC specs image and link to it in your signature
0 REPLIES 0