cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Update: 16th March 2015

X-ROG
Level 15
ROG Notebook forums have had an update to accommodate new models and retire older ones.

• As a brand new model/design and target market, G501 now has its own forum and will be accompanied by future 2015 models from all ranges as/when they are released.
  • New GL552 has been added to G751/G771/G551 forum.
  • G75/G55/G46 from 2012 has been combined into Older G series notebooks.
  • Sticky threads from all forums have been revised.
9 REPLIES 9

Clintlgm
Level 14
I feel old now I'm relegated to the Older G Series forum
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I feel old now I'm relegated to the Older G Series forum

Even my R5E will eventually end up in the Older Rampage Motherboards forum. In only a couple years, maybe. 😛
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

skidoo
Level 7
why not leave it thy way it was????
No sense what so ever in my opinion.
Disappointed in that move for sure.
Just have another forum for the newer class NB's would have been more appropriate.

uofaboy
Level 7
I am not sure if it is just my internet connection, but the ROG Forum website seems to be loading slower than usual after the update. 😕 I have tried all my devices at home and even my LTE connection.

uofaboy wrote:
I am not sure if it is just my internet connection, but the ROG Forum website seems to be loading slower than usual after the update. 😕 I have tried all my devices at home and even my LTE connection.

We've not touched the infrastructure, only layout.

skidoo wrote:
why not leave it thy way it was????
No sense what so ever in my opinion.
Disappointed in that move for sure.
Just have another forum for the newer class NB's would have been more appropriate.

We actively monitor the activity in each forum and found that older G series and G75/55/46 were about the same traffic and a fraction of more recent models, so they were worth combining rather than having a huge list of inactive forums clutter up the place. We want to balance a minimum possible forum count so it's not overwhelming, while also having relevant and specific places for each product.

KotTHECat
Level 10
Hello guys!
Is there a way to change the black ROG Forum theme (color) to something else (e.g. white or so)? My eyes are getting tired from that black...
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro

KotTHECat wrote:
Hello guys!
Is there a way to change the black ROG Forum theme (color) to something else (e.g. white or so)? My eyes are getting tired from that black...

Not currently sorry.

KotTHECat wrote:
Hello guys!

Still nothing?
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro

KotTHECat wrote:
Still nothing?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/textise/

Use Mozilla, works like a charm. Wont have to deal with anything but plain text.
Personally I like the black, right until someone gets annoying with using too many color codes

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein