cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dose the ROG_EXT Header still Exist on Modern Motherboards?

AliseSML79
Level 7
I ordered a ROG Front Base on eBay tonight because I have always wanted one. This one is missing the cables but found a place that makes custom sleeved Front Base cables. I’m wanting to do a threadripper build but on trying to figure out in rog still has the ROG_EXT headers on th motherboards. In photos I think I see it but is not mentioned on specks section for the*ROG ZENITH EXTREME. Dose anyone know for sure or if any the high end or even mainstream boards still have the ROG_EXT header?

Thanks in Advance:
Alice P Arthington *
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hi AliseSML79

The ROG Zenith Extreme doesn't have the ROG_EXT header, if it was supported it would be listed in the specifications under "Internal I/O Ports".

z270 has the ROG_Ext Header.

AliseSML79
Level 7
I wonder why they left it off the board, anyways ty for letting me know.

AliseSML79
Level 7
Do you think they are discontinuing the ROG_EXT Header? If so I feel silly for getting a front base. I ordered it before the threadripper bird specks had released

Nate152
I can't say with 100% certainty but It's looking like they are fading out the front base. The z270 boards support it, I'm not sure if z370 will or not.

AliseSML79
Level 7
Found out it on there found it on a board image and zoomed in on it. Happy to see it still around but leaves zero usb 2.0 if u use it.

66526*

66527*

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hmmmmm, strange it's not listed in the specs.

yeah I can’t figure that out in less that info hasent been released til August 10th. But seams odd to hide a small detail like that.

AliseSML79 wrote:
yeah I can’t figure that out in less that info hasent been released til August 10th. But seams odd to hide a small detail like that.

Was planning on grabbing this board, but had the same reservation, I need to inspect the headers...

purecain
Level 9
omg I should of bought this board. I went with the asus crosshair viii hero and the connection is no longer supported. absolutely guttered.

why leave it off on such an expensive board. it was on the old crosshair vi hero... meh im slowly loosing all faith in asus...
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal