cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Fan error when booting

yuhho
Level 7
Hi guys,

I'm new to this stuff as I'm just changed my core 2 duo PC to the new I7 6700k PC. Hope this the right thread to post. I've already built my first PC desktop, at first it runs normally without any error. Then, I want to change some of my fan connector from Phanteks PWM hub to the Mobo connector, when try to reboot it suddenly give me error message CPU Fan Error press F1 to run setup. Then I try to turn all my fan connector back to normal (original position when before change it) and it also get the same error. I've read some forum that I need to disable the CPU fan monitor to ignore (already tried that and worked). It's quite funny as the first setting it worked and when I try to get it back, it gives me an error. I just want to know my fan speed as atm I can't see my fan speed because I set it to ignore and it's disturbing me as I don't know my fan speed, help me how to set it up so I can see my fan speed. Thanks for your time 😄

Cheers
1 REPLY 1

Darren_Stevens
Level 9
Make sure your CPU fan is connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard, then go to BIOS & load defaults, F10 to save & exit, should be all good