cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio CODEC S1220A B450-f Speaker Fill Windows 10

UberOriginal
Level 7
These ROG Strix audio issues have been driving me nuts. Had a B350-F, got a warranty refurbished B450-F replacement. Same damn issue. I have the latest audio driver from Asus (Version 6.0.1.8746) and the latest Chipset for B450-F from AMD(Revision Number 2.03.12.0657) as well as the latest video driver for Asus RX 560(Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Recommended (WHQL)). For speakers, I have a Bose Cinemate 15 home theater system for my FL Center and FR channels, and Bose Companion 2 for RL and RR. When I play music in any media player, it blows the doors off of the house, but for some reason on any video, movies, Netflix series, youtube, the Volume is about 5% of what it should be. I can't put my music above 30 without pissing other people in the house off, but if I am trying to watch a movie I can crank it up to 80-90 and I can barely hear a thing.

I first noticed with the original B350-f, at some point the "Speaker Fill" option disappeared. Problem persists with the B450-F. Been in IT a while now, and I believe I have covered all of the basics. I have done no less than 30 clean installs over the course of the last year and a half. I have tried in multiple media players, different formats. The problem still goes on in all video as well as video games. I am baffled by the fact that I can listen to music 100% like I should 14-20 is a very comfortable listening volume. I may have missed something obvious, any advice or guidance is welcome. Thank you!

UO
11 REPLIES 11

toronto699
Level 13
First Speaker Fill No Longer Exists In W10 Drivers , As For 5.1 , In W10 5.1 Is From Source Only , {No Speaker Fill} If Speakers Are Set To 5.1 Is Source Only W10 , Do You Know If The W10 or W8.1 driver for the board has speaker fill ? Some older W10 Drivers Have Speaker Fill But Changed With 10 Updates {Re W10 Versions} , I Use A 8.1 Driver For Speaker Fill And 5.1 Works For Me , Audio is Good Loud All Speakers {5.1} ,
Version 6.0.1.7035 From My Old G30AB https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/G30AB/HelpDesk_Download/
I Have Used This W10 Driver Version 6.0.1.7586 As Well https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/G11CD/HelpDesk_Download/

On Thing You Can Try With out Installing A Driver , See If Free Trial Version Power DVD Solves Audio Issue It Plays Music Movies Media Files In 5.1 to 8.1 Audio its worth A try ,
in the Audio Settings set up 5.1 , I Have Logitech 5.1 Z5500 Speakers
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/index_en_US.html

Googled and found out how to disable hardware acceleration under firefox/options/general/performance. close all firefox windows, reopened and went to youtube, no difference...

UberOriginal
Level 7
I cannot thank you enough for replying, and very quickly. I did read the thread where you mentioned the G30AB. The G30AB and the G11CD are very different from my B450-F but I'm sure you know this, you definitely sound like you know what you are talking about. Installed the Trial of PowerDVD 19. No change, restarted, same. But something in PowerDVD made me think of something. I am not a total noob but there are many things that I do not know. My next statement will probably prove this. Since all music works and all video and video games do not work, could the issue be related to hardware acceleration/software acceleration setting somewhere?

toronto699
Level 13
Ok , I Tried The Driver Asus (Version 6.0.1.8746) , Gives Me Your Issue Low Audio In Some Media , Reinstalled My Own Audio Driver Asus 6.0.1.7035 {G30AB] And Asus Version 6.0.1.7586 {G11CD} , No Issue , , Yes The PCs And Asus Laptops I Have Are Different From Your B450-F , But The Audio Chips Are More Or Less The Same , I Use Only Asus Realtek Drivers , No Other Audio Enhancements Like Sonic Studio ect Non Of That Crap And No Over Clocking , , Have You Tried The First W10 Driver For Your Motherboard Version 6.0.1.8339 ? , One Thing I Do Know Is Audio , Audio Is Weakest Link In W10 , I Also Have A Sound Card , I Use It Only For Editing
One More Question Are You Using Sonic Studio III If So Can You Only Use The Realtek Diver Disable Sonic Studio ? See What Happens ? Set Up The Realtek HD Manager For 5.1 ?
Should You Install An Audio Driver Make A Restore Point In Case You Want To Go Back To Original Driver

UberOriginal
Level 7
Ok, I have been using SS3 to compensate for other things, but with Bose speakers, I'm fine with a flat EQ. I never overclock anything. Now the Realtek HD Audio Manager I use. I use it to change speaker configuration from stereo to 5.1. Also after doing that I for whatever reason need to uncheck the box for the center speaker in order to hear the center speaker. In effect, my Bose soundbar is 3.1 and the 2 older bose computer speakers I'm using as rears. I had tried older drivers when I had the B350-F but not since I got the B450-F. I am going to try it but first I am going to make a complete system image. I really do appreciate your time and assistance. I'll post what happens hopefully within an hour.

UberOriginal
Level 7
I will work on that through the course of the night. I made my system image, I may not get to the driver until tomorrow. I have a ton of stuff to do, but I will reply asap.

raju2529
Level 7
Free audio and video codecs software is available on internet.
Name of the software is KLITE codecs . Download mega edition and install
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

UberOriginal
Level 7
Raju, that is totally awesome and free with no strings attached no less. Installed with the default settings, restarted, and unfortunately still no change, tried VLC and the included MPC-64x and unfortunately, the issue persists. There may be a way to edit settings with the Codec Tweak Tool included but I don't really know what the settings mean. Tried under audio output>Audio decoder output, to change from keep existing setting to 5.1, I hit Apply & Close and the setting keeps on going back to keep existing. Same with the Audio bitstreaming to external device setting. If I change to enabled or disabled Appy&Close it automatically reverts to keep existing settings.

raju2529
Level 7
I am using same codecs on my laptop , sound is sawesome , i am using klite codecs from 2 years
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754