cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Not recognizing keyboard during POST.

andrew015
Level 7
Having an issue with my ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero.
Just updated to BIOS 3401 to see if that fixes the problem, but nope, same thing.

During post, I get "No keyboard detected".
Once windows screen hits, all USB devices function correctly with no problems.

If I disconnect a few and leave only the keyboard and mouse in, all is well.
Seems to be an issue with the amount of devices connected?
I have 5 USB devices plugged into the motherboard.
Surely a top of the line motherboard like this shouldn't have these problems...

Any advice?
Is it perhaps an issue being worked on by ASUS.
I see the bios description states there are some USB connectivity problems they are working on.

PS: Any official support method I should contact regarding this?

My USB devices are as such:

5 REPLIES 5

andrew015
Level 7
Well, I've found the issue.
Whenever I have this plugged in to the back of the motherboard, regardless of the slot:

I cannot get my keyboard recognized.

This would be the hub from the Arctis Wireless Pro headset.

Definitely some sort of compatibility issue going on.
Anything I can do to try and fix this? Or is this strictly something an updated BIOS will have to take a stab at fixing?

andrew015 wrote:
Well, I've found the issue.
Whenever I have this plugged in to the back of the motherboard, regardless of the slot:

I cannot get my keyboard recognized.

This would be the hub from the Arctis Wireless Pro headset.

Definitely some sort of compatibility issue going on.
Anything I can do to try and fix this? Or is this strictly something an updated BIOS will have to take a stab at fixing?

hi .
since 4/5 years with my asus z370 f gaming i'm having problems with mouse/keyboard... usb problems in the end , with my dark hero same thing but not so many times like the z370 . something wrong with asus motherboards and usb ports since years .

Despite last bios 3401, I am still losing USB external drive randomly.

Only solution when this happens is to disconnect external devices from external source and shutdown PC, if not, HD will spins like crazy on external HD units...

weird and scary!

andrew015
Level 7
I have just tested BIOS 3501 and I am getting the same issue sadly.

I also had a strange issue a couple months ago with my USB port. Normally, everything was working just fine with 2 mice, one keyboard and Razer Xbox gamepad attached until one day Windows kept displaying a issue with one of the ports. I didn't know how to get rid of this bug. I read a couple articles, restored my operating system to a previous selection and still kept getting this bug. I got a hunch to de-attach my gamepad. The bug disappeared all of a sudden. Re-attached the controller and no problems.
I'm thinking this a mistake from Windows environment.