cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

960 Evo on Maximus IX Hero abysmally slow.

Montag
Level 7
I have a I7-7700K mounted on a Maximus IX Hero, 32 G Corsair Ram, GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics Card, and Bios ver 1301 (Latest)

I've been noticing windows slowing down dramatically. I keep getting notices "working on it", or programs telling me they're not responding because it's taking so long. I ran "Userbenchmark" and was told the Samsung NVMe 500 g, and Corsair Ram were way under performing. I set the Ram to XMP in the Bios which helped. But the NVMe still sucks bad. All indicators say the system is cool and is not throttling as far as I can tell. I made sure I had the latest Samsung Driver and used their "Magician" with no luck. Still way underperforms. And not just by the utils. In actual usage. Way slower than it used to be.

Could there be something going on with the board? How can I check? Should I try the other M.2 slot? Could the NVMe drive be giving up the ghost but just not showing it in the tests? This is frustrating. I use the computer for video editing and this problem has made the system unusable.

Any Help would be appreciated. I have provide some pictures of various test results. Thx!

0 REPLIES 0