cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What TIMS do you use in the TUF series?

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
Having replaced a heatsink in my FA506QR after a "professional" screwed up some work I had done, I have seen that over the CPU/GPU is a grey pad.

Is it something made inhouse or is it Honeywell PTM7950? if it isn't Honeywell, what W/MK is the stuff you use? Same question for the VRM/VRAM stuff?
I found on the FA506QR the VRM/VRAM stuff boiled and bubbled really badly and had at most a 50% contact to them.

Credit where credit is due, the FA507RR had reasonable temps when boost is disabled. I was temped to try Liquid metal at some point outside of warranty. Which would likely give me an increase in cooling capacity just with a lot of messing about to make sure it stays where it is intended. That said if it is Honeywell, I may just replace the goo on the VRMs/VRAM and refresh the Honeywell.
3 REPLIES 3

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
I'd appreciate an answer, please?

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Ragnaraz690 wrote:
Having replaced a heatsink in my FA506QR after a "professional" screwed up some work I had done, I have seen that over the CPU/GPU is a grey pad.

Is it something made inhouse or is it Honeywell PTM7950? if it isn't Honeywell, what W/MK is the stuff you use? Same question for the VRM/VRAM stuff?
I found on the FA506QR the VRM/VRAM stuff boiled and bubbled really badly and had at most a 50% contact to them.

Credit where credit is due, the FA507RR had reasonable temps when boost is disabled. I was temped to try Liquid metal at some point outside of warranty. Which would likely give me an increase in cooling capacity just with a lot of messing about to make sure it stays where it is intended. That said if it is Honeywell, I may just replace the goo on the VRMs/VRAM and refresh the Honeywell.

Unfortunately, this information is internal to our company and cannot be provided to you.
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence:
https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Falcon@ROG wrote:
Unfortunately, this information is internal to our company and cannot be provided to you.
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence:
https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

That's a shame. I understand though, trade secrets and all that. Cheers for the reply.