cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDSL Issue, DSL-AX82U

TrebleTA
Level 8
So I'm back on this one again.
So after using the isp device not a glitch, soon as i'm back on the DSL-AX82U-AX5400. It's just not right, the vdsl2 line speed is decreasing, the signal margins go from 1.0 to 5.0, I get my dsl dose not function error after a reboot see picture.
Unplugging then plugging back in the DSL cable, that someone else pointed out, fix's the issue instantly with the dsl dose not function and also restores some of the vdsl2 line speed but not alot, this will be down to the SNR margin.

After using the isp device SNR margin was on 3.3 for some time, I then swapped to the asus, SNR margin 3.3, then I changed Stability Adjustment -2db in the dsl setting so SNR margin was 1.3.
It maybe related to that why am saying. I will leave Stability Adjustment disabled for now just in case it's that causing the SNR margin to flux. At mo SNR margin is 4.8 with Stability Adjustment disabled.
3 REPLIES 3

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
Do you use the same DSL cable when connecting to ISP device and DSL-AX82U?
How did you check vdsl2 line speed on ISP device and DSL-AX82U?
Does the issue occurs again after unplugging then plugging back in the DSL cable? or you have to changed Stability Adjustment -2db in the dsl setting to fix the issue?
Is SNR margin fix on 3.3 when use the ISP device but it is changing when use DSL-AX82U and cause the vdsl2 issue and DHCP error?
Thank you.

TrebleTA
Level 8
Hi, so it seems to be a problem for me with DLM, (dynamic line management) that is used with UK devices. With the isp device my line speed and performance increases, with the dsl ax82u it slowly decreases, after 10 days my line speed is horried. So there is something not totally right

But since they run FTTP (Fiber to the pool) in my street, and are not willing to fix the copper line anymore. So could be a issue, yet line tests come back fine, So after a big argument with my ISP I cancelled. I'm will now be getting FTTP from another provider, and was not offered FTTC (Fiber to the Cab) from any providers when I was looking for a new isp provider.

So now I will be using the ax82u more as a router and not needing the dsl modem anymore. Yet still on this line till the 21st of November.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
Thank you for your reply.
Hope you can find the new isp provider which meets your needs.