cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF Dash FX517ZM-AS73 won't sleep while plugged in

avogadro2
Level 7
When I sleep my TUF laptop while it's on battery, the power LED starts blinking, the fans ramp down to a stop, and eventually the machine cools down to nearly ambient. When I sleep while plugged into a USB power source or the included brick charger, the power LED stays on, the fans continue operating, and the temperature does not decrease. As far as I can tell, the only thing that changes is the display turns off. Is there any way to get this laptop to sleep while plugged in? I do not want to cause wear on the fans/battery or waste energy.

I do not have any peripherals plugged in.

I have found several semi related topics but no solutions that have worked, so I'm wondering if anyone has actually succeeded at fixing this issue and how.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
avogadro2 wrote:
When I sleep my TUF laptop while it's on battery, the power LED starts blinking, the fans ramp down to a stop, and eventually the machine cools down to nearly ambient. When I sleep while plugged into a USB power source or the included brick charger, the power LED stays on, the fans continue operating, and the temperature does not decrease. As far as I can tell, the only thing that changes is the display turns off. Is there any way to get this laptop to sleep while plugged in? I do not want to cause wear on the fans/battery or waste energy.

I do not have any peripherals plugged in.

I have found several semi related topics but no solutions that have worked, so I'm wondering if anyone has actually succeeded at fixing this issue and how.

Have you updated your BIOS and system to the latest?