cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound recording issues on Rog Strix z490-A Gaming

unifex
Level 7
Hi,

I have a problem recording audio (mostly online webinars through Zoom, Teams, etc.) while using Logitech C925e webcam and its microphone. This is a USB webcam requiring no installation and no specific driver other than what's provided for Windows. The device is new and working well - no issues whatsoever when used on an HP laptop. On my desktop however the recorded audio (only the recording, the live stream itself is OK) is accompanied by a booming bass echo sort of thing, hard to explain in words (basically, at word endings the sound gets low and loud). I'm not sure what's the origin of this problem (settings, drivers, etc.) and hope that someone here is more knowledgeable than me. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi unifex,

Please try other USB ports, and the rear USB ports would be better.
Do you enable the acoustic echo cancelling in microphone properties>enhancements?
Please also try other USB microphone for recording.
May I have your bios version, audio driver version and a video about the echo?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi unifex,

Please try other USB ports, and the rear USB ports would be better.
Do you enable the acoustic echo cancelling in microphone properties>enhancements?
Please also try other USB microphone for recording.
May I have your bios version, audio driver version and a video about the echo?
Thank you.

Hi @Starrain,

thanks for your reply! In fact, you have helped me already since I have now made test recordings on both the ASUS-based desktop and on the HP laptop and both sound the same! The difference is, on the laptop both sound OK (slightly different, but no booming echo), while on the desktop both exhibit the same booming echo that's bothering me. The two sound bits are available as follows, but I'm not sure now what will you hear since on my two computers they sound completely differently

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PsjnlAOn_i63hXepeJEz4IKzfX5_1B3l/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p5AU7ugiOaJwuhlfXvy4kG2kM-0dEBdG/view?usp=sharing

Now, the BIOS version is 2201, the Realtek audio driver is 6.0.9231.1 (right now I have the MoKiChU drivers) with DTS and A-Volute installed. Previously I have tried installing and uninstalling audio drivers which did not change anything regarding this issue. The speakers are Bose Companion 2 series III if that makes any difference (these are two stereo speakers plugged into the green (LR) jack of the motherboard (Rog Strix Z490-A).

Thanks for your help!

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi unifex,

I'm afraid the two sound bits seem the similar to me.
Do you mean you used two computers to play the two sound bits, on the HP laptop is the same but on the desktop is different?
Could you please play the two sound bits and record the sound from the desktop?
Have you tried other speakers?
Did it only occur on playing sound bits with Logitech C925e webcam recording?
Please also try Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.8960.1 on our support site.
Thank you.