cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 3090 Rog Strix- Hotspot Temperature

JronMasteR
Level 9
Since there is a new temperature readout when using the latest HWinfo or GPU-Z...
I was quite shocked to see the Hotspot temperature was 105°C under full load, while the GPU temperature was only 72°C.

So I took off the heatsink, repasted the die und put everything back together.

Now, my Hotspot temperature is down by 10-15°C. This is huge! Other users also reported this issue. Seems the paste job is very bad on these units.
After several hours of CP2077, max temps were 77.5°C for the GPU, 93.8°C for the Hotspot.

Maybe worth to check for other owners.

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2

Megascrypt
Level 7
105C was definitely whey to hot, but tbh. even 93C seems a bit to high. I have Strix 3090 OC and while running Passware Kit Forensic LAB for hours, which takes full advantage of both GPU and CPU but really brings your GPU down to its knees I have never seen hot spot higher then 88C MAX in ambient of 21-22C

Although I think I have some idea why my overall GPU temps are pretty good! my 10900k is cooled by NH-D15 that is very close to the GPU's back plate and a lot of that heat is taking from the back plate by the 2x NF15 fans without even effecting my CPU's temps..btw. that is another reason why I love the NH-D15.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Im too poor to pay what they are charging for 3090s and the only one I would get would be the Strix and if I did I would run the crap out of it for two weeks to make sure it doesnt suffer infant mortality then off comes the air and on goes the water. Im running a pair of Strix 2080Ti 011G OC cards and the reported GPU temp tops out at 40C and the hot spot gets to 54 on one and 52 on the other. Im still pondering of the hot spot thing.