cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RogStrix B550-i Gaming - NO soundcard detected?

Beardy_McWhisky
Level 7
Hi guys,

Built up my B550-i this week, and its running well.

But for some reason, Windows doesn't seem to find the onboard sound at all. Its enabled in the bios, Ive installed the chipset drivers and the realtek software from the official page on asus.com - but it just doesn't seem to appear?

Any tips?

4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Look under the Sound, video and game controllers. Nothing there?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Look under the Sound, video and game controllers. Nothing there?

Surprisingly, today, there is something there - but still unable to select anything as an output.

xeromist
Not sure. Have you tried the Manage Sound Devices and Troubleshoot links in the Sound settings menu in your screenshot?

Just for kicks I might try disabling the device in the BIOS, booting up to Windows, then enabling it again to see if anything interesting happens. Ultimately, if you can't get it working I'd consider an exchange with the retailer before you get beyond the return window.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Not sure. Have you tried the Manage Sound Devices and Troubleshoot links in the Sound settings menu in your screenshot?

Just for kicks I might try disabling the device in the BIOS, booting up to Windows, then enabling it again to see if anything interesting happens. Ultimately, if you can't get it working I'd consider an exchange with the retailer before you get beyond the return window.

Turns out, the device wont even register until you plug something into it... go figure.