cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Z590-i CMOS Battery Location

roiman
Level 7
Hi everyone.

Somebody can help me to locate CMOS battery location on a Z590-I motherboard?

I have constantly cycling reboot problem with this board in any stage or booting level - POST, BIOS, OS etc. No matter what I tried - replace the PSU, memory, power cable, open stand montage - it's the same issue. Sometimes it works stable through few days/hours but after that issue appears again.

I think the lower charge CMOS battery is the reason, but I can't even locate it on the MB. There is also no single word in the manual or information from other resources.

I would very appreciate to any kind of information about my problem or shared similar experience.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi roiman,
Please remove back I/O to see if there is cmos battery in it.
Thank you.

Hi, STARRAIN.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi roiman,
Please remove back I/O to see if there is cmos battery in it.
Thank you.

I can't do it. I have to disassembly all cooling system of the board to do it. It's warranty issue.

Since when engineers did decide to exclude straight access to that important part of a MB?

It's like a car without straight access to a battery or a gas tank. It's absurd.

I think this board will goes straight to retailer through a guarantee procedure. I'm done. I am trying to solve my issue more over than month. I have no more time and willing to do some additionally.

Thanks for your help.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi roiman,
If you have concerns about it and still in a guarantee period, please consult the retailer first.
Thank you.