cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix G733QSA serious Mediatek mt7921 Wifi 6 Problem

Pwince_Yui
Level 7
I got this unit last January 2022 and have already experienced these ping spikes

I was able to fix this issue last Feb 27, 2022, by uninstalling the Mediatek Wifi 6 driver and rebooting. I was lag-free until today.
This issue is now back.

I tried downloading MediaTek drivers but the still problem persists. I am suspecting it is a wireless driver issue since i was able to fix it before by uninstall and rebooting.

Current Driver: 3.0.1.1207

Tested drivers: 3.3.0.322
Tested drivers: 3.0.1.1239

My laptop is beast with these specs
Ryzen 9 5900HX
RAM 32 GB
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
2 TB SD storage
Wifi 6

However, online games is not enjoyable due to lag spikes.

PS, I tested on a G733QS (my wife's laptop) with almost similar features except for 1TB SSD storage, and everything works fine on her. Both online games and ping via cmd.
2 REPLIES 2

Pwince_Yui
Level 7
These commands via CMD administrator fixed my issues

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi"
-disable wifi search; i read somewhere that the issue is every several seconds the wifi is looking for other connections and receiving nothing hence the massive lag spikes.
-this command will disable the searching of other wifi connection. Use the command below to enable it again

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wi-Fi"

Pwince Yui wrote:
These commands via CMD administrator fixed my issues

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi"
-disable wifi search; i read somewhere that the issue is every several seconds the wifi is looking for other connections and receiving nothing hence the massive lag spikes.
-this command will disable the searching of other wifi connection. Use the command below to enable it again

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wi-Fi"

Helped me a lot, thanks. Just 1 thing to say: you should create a shortcut for both commands, because if the setting is off you can't connect to any Wifi network, with the shortcuts you can turn it on when starting the laptop and, after that, turn it off. Or keep it on and turn it off when you are going to have a gaming session or something and reset it after that.