cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX G15 wifi problems

xWanaZx
Level 7
So it's been 4 months of me putting up with the horrendous ping issues and constant disconnections in games and apps like discord with this MT7921 wifi card. I have tried about all the drivers in myasus and none have solved these problems. At this point I haven't played any online games due to this.
I'm thinking of buying the Ax210 intel card to replace it, is this card compatible? And is this replacement under warranty? Any help is kindly appreciated. 😞
7 REPLIES 7

RedSector73
Level 12
Replace it with AX210 and you will be much more happy with your wifi connection

RedSector73 wrote:
Replace it with AX210 and you will be much more happy with your wifi connection

How can I be sure the ax210 is compatible with my laptop?

RedSector73
Level 12
Intel AX210ONGW - NGFF (M.2) is what I used on my FA506IU - AL130T Laptop's (Tuff Laptop with AMD 4800h and GPU 1660ti), without checking suggest this is what you're after. Due diligence is on you and you should check your laptop M.2 wifi specification match your intended wifi card prior to purchase and/or watch on YouTube tear-down videos.

Any correct M.2 wifi card works in ASUS laptops there is no whitelist (like in dell or others) in the BIOS. Once you have right one, replaced the old wifi card with your new one and pop antenna's on, close her back up and can use Intel Driver assistant for latest drivers. Windows 11 and later versions of 10 have default drivers for the AX210.

RedSector73 wrote:
Intel AX210ONGW - NGFF (M.2) is what I used on my FA506IU - AL130T Laptop's (Tuff Laptop with AMD 4800h and GPU 1660ti), without checking suggest this is what you're after. Due diligence is on you and you should check your laptop M.2 wifi specification match your intended wifi card prior to purchase and/or watch on YouTube tear-down videos.

Any correct M.2 wifi card works in ASUS laptops there is no whitelist (like in dell or others) in the BIOS. Once you have right one, replaced the old wifi card with your new one and pop antenna's on, close her back up and can use Intel Driver assistant for latest drivers. Windows 11 and later versions of 10 have default drivers for the AX210.

Kudos to your reply and suggestion. So I wanted to give the card a second chance and decided to send in my laptop for a repair. As to my dismay, yes there are still connection issues. Better? Yes, but unacceptable because driving a car with mad engine hiccups is dangerous same with ONLINE comp games with connection issues. They swapped out the card for a new but the same mediatek model, even wiped out everything to factory settings (on my permission). Experienced my first blue screen as well after the repair.. So I see no other solution than to burn this knock-off card for an intel one. Wish me luck!

xWanaZx wrote:
Wish me luck!

Was the best thing I ever did, never regretted it.

RedSector73 wrote:
Was the best thing I ever did, never regretted it.

Well my card arrived yesterday and so far after installation, everything has been smooth sailing! Thank you again for your help and replies. Definitely not regretting this purchase.

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello
About warranty, please refer to service guide to disassemble laptop. Any damage caused by manual will violate warranty policy.
Service Guide:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/G513IM/E17963_G513_G533_Service_Manual_EM_WEB.pdf
Page 16 location:24

If you need RMA service in the future, please recovery hardware back to original setup before you send unit to repair center.