cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS z790 HERO Paired with i9 13900k

Synden25
Level 7
Hey everyone,

Im in some need for help in advance sry for my english im not a native english speaker

I recently got a Rog Maxumus z790 Hero Mainboard that im paring with a i9 13900k and 2x 16gb DDR5 Ram Corsair Dominator 5600mhz (CMT32GX5M2B5600C36)
first of all everything works there are no problems whatsoever, but my mainboard is showing me a couple of qcodes always related to either my ram or my cpu even tho everything works fine, the qcodes are going from the 30 numbers to around 60 numbers is something wrong? or should i just ignore it?

Also what i already did was switching ram spots and use the Memtest from the bios
for the cpu i also took it out and checked the pins everythings fine
4 REPLIES 4

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Synden25,
Which qcodes does it stick at?
Is your ram version CORSAIR CMT32GX5M2B5600C36(Ver4.43.02)?
Please refer to our manual to install two ram sticks in DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2 slot. If you use one ram stick, please try DIMM_A2 first.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/ROG_MAXIMUS_Z790_HERO/E20592_ROG_MAXIMUS_Z790_HERO_UM_...
Does it also occur with bios all default settings(no OC/no XMP)?
Thank you.

Yes it is the right ram version (the one posted)

i tried the ram on that slot and different slots just to be sure but nothing changed, it also happens without xmp

the codes vary outstide of games the codes are around 30-40
while in games its mostly between 50-57 or 59-64

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Synden25,
Thank you for your reply.
May I have a video of the qcodes issue?
Thank you

I think it’s possible that the OP might be mistaking the temp readout on the LED for a Q-code(s)