cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Delta S Microphone not working.

iiziilel2
Level 8
Jeez, after firmware update today 5/10/21 the microphone is dead.

Any fixes? i've tried basic troubleshooting such as connect a Delta S to my Mobile Phone, to my PlayStation 4, the microphone basiclly just died. But when i tried to connect solely microphone to Nacon Controller or anything with 3.5mm female slot, the microphone seems working, but due to microphone supposed to work with headphone, so it quality like **** and not usable, i just attempted to isolate issues, so any way to reset firmware of this Delta S?, i pretty sure Asus just f****d up software again like always. and i wouldnt happy much if i call for replacement for a whole Headset because it just a microphone problem. Couple months ago, they replaced new motherboard of GA35dx just for LED problem after update firmware, and new motherboard replaced locked to color "blue".

Just give me some tools or anything to reset firmware, or update by clicking anything but not Armoury Crate, if you have any.

This is 2 of 4 ROG things i bought and got issues (Gladius II, Strix Scope RX, GA35dx, Deltas also some Asus routers, shealths black and even a wrist rest won't counted). If there no tools to reset firmware, or update this headphone outside Armoury Crate, maybe its time for me to consider a new brand.
5 REPLIES 5

Asuslogie
Level 7
iiziilel2 wrote:

Any fixes? i've tried basic troubleshooting such as connect a Delta S to my Mobile Phone, to my PlayStation 4, the microphone basiclly just died. But when i tried to connect solely microphone to Nacon Controller or anything with 3.5mm female slot, the microphone seems working, but due to microphone supposed to work with headphone, so it quality like **** and not usable, i just attempted to isolate issues, so any way to reset firmware of this Delta S?, i pretty sure Asus just f****d up software again like always. and i wouldnt happy much if i call for replacement for a whole Headset because it just a microphone problem. Couple months ago, they replaced new motherboard of GA35dx just for LED problem after update firmware, and new motherboard replaced locked to color "blue".

Just give me some tools or anything to reset firmware, or update by clicking anything but not Armoury Crate, if you have any.

This is 2 of 4 ROG things i bought and got issues (Gladius II, Strix Scope RX, GA35dx, Deltas also some Asus routers, shealths black and even a wrist rest won't counted). If there no tools to reset firmware, or update this headphone outside Armoury Crate, maybe its time for me to consider a new brand.

I'm a huge asus fan myself, but i have the same problem with my own headset: Asus ROG DELTA or its the microphone that ain't working or its there Sound optimization in the armoury crate that is not working..

Last week i've did a clean reinstalled of my windows to see if this would work and help my problems. First problem was the armoury crate not working with my delta rog headset (i geuss its a software version causing the problem) And in the eavening i was playing some warzone with friends no problems for an hour untill i said: Brb getting a drink after that the mic just died.. replugging the usb / restarting pc nothing helpt to make it work again.. the only thing that helped (weird but true) is plugging the mic of your headset directly to the pc it says it detects the microphone and ask if you want to switch to it but, i ignore that and replugged the mic back in the headset and it worked again? geuss the mic is not getting enough power from time to time?

also Type this in your searchbar 'Device manager' and see if you have under the tab "Other devices" any related problems / errors to see if you need to update your machine.

DVD009234
Level 7
iiziilel2 wrote:

My Mic on the ROG delta S also died after the firmware update, no idea how to fix it...

Im having the same problem. I have two headsets and the Delta S was meant to replace my other one also USB A (from USB C) . I just updated the firmware and now having MIC issues. Input is working but no output. I tried my other USB headset and it works fine. Seems to be a recent problem that is affecting a lot of users (if not all) who have updated the Armory Crate Firmware. Currently I have 2.0.2.6 Device Kit for the Delta S and Armory Crate 4.0.8.0. As soon as I updated the Firmware the probloms have started as it worked fine before. Im going to try download an old version tomorrow as ASUS dont make uninstalling firmware easy and I am struggling to find old Delta S firmware as it appears to be the issue as it happened following the update (using it fine up until then). Ive done all the standard trouble shooting like uninstall from device manager, reinstall, checked sound settings and is selected and the mic is on 100 volume.

Please help with fix or an old firmware recommendation would be nice as a tempory solution.

Some news about it? same problem playing CoD with battle.net sound mic 100%, CoD at 400! and Windows 10 on max value

ASUS finally processed the warranty and replaced the equipment... the volume of the micro is much higher now in any application with the same previous configuration.
Only in Warzone, it is necessary to set the microphone volume to 350 (previously it was not audible with the maximum value of 400)
Thanks