cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ROG Keris Wireless mouse with Tuf B660-Plus Wifi D4

HabaSkeb
Level 7
Hello

I've been having troubles with the mouse since I got it. At first I had a problem which lead to horrible constant jitter on my mouse (could be seen very clearly ingame when looking around and it could be seen as terrible wonkyness in MouseTester software) and was linked to mouse Sleep and mouse power off but that miraculously sorted itself out after I reset and synced the profiles in Armoury Crate and used my mouses profile switch hotkey a couple of times. After this incident I've been using MouseTester v1.5 software to check my mouse polling and counts and there seems to be some problems with it.

I have tried multiple things including

-reset mouse and reupdate firmware with Armoury Crate (holding three buttons and connecting usb-cable).
-tried multiple different usb extension cables to receiver (receiver is within 20-30cm of mouse infront of it and attached with about 1meter extension cable to Asus Tuf Gaming B660-Plus Wifi D4 motherboard on the back panel)
-disabled wifi and bluetooth in device manager
-tried different mousepad
-different usb ports on my motherboard
-also problems in wired mode
-my old mouse Steelseries Rival 300s is working fine

Problems I have observed are including random missing polls, double count polls, 10ms gaps with no polls etc. Using wired mode with the supplied usb cable I also get some missing polls. I attached some screenshots all taken in wireless mode.

On my friends pc the mouse has same troubles but it doesn't lose polls. It has some late polls (can be 5 polls missing consecutively for example and then 5 polls delivered very fast) but no missing counts so not so big a problem but still quite bad.

Could the mouse be fixed somehow? Because as it is I consider the mouse quite ununsable for me.

Picture 1: 2 missing polls which seem to lose like 100 counts total
Picture 2: 8 missing polls which seem to recover like 30ms later
Picture 3: One poll is double the count with no apparent reason
Picture 4: Wonkyness that sometimes appear and cause jitter
14 REPLIES 14

HabaSkeb
Level 7
Ok I have has some problems today.. I attached a graph from this morning (left side) and then about 5 hours later (right side).. I did put my computer to sleep mode in between and the mouse went to sleep multiple times among other things but as you can see there is a considerable decrease in performance and you can notice this when playing games. I needed to unplug receiver and restart mouse to recover (unplug the receiver and put mouse power off - then wait some time and plug receiver in and power up mouse. )

And now the mouse Sleep bug has returned again. I attached graphs of this also. Profile 3 on the left profile 1 on the right. So this is how that goes:

If I let the mouse go to Sleep (leds go off) in profile 1 then it screwes up the profile 1 and there will be wonkiness on the mousetester graph. If I change the profile to profile 3 with mouse hotkey its "fine" (not much wonkiness). If I change to profile 1 again its wonkiness again. So only the profile that is active when mouse goes to Sleep is f'd up. This stays until I unplug the receiver and put mouse power off - then wait some time and plug receiver in and power up mouse. Then all profiles are fine again.

OK now I found out something new again. The mouse graph broke again but it only seemed to do it when moving the mouse fast. Then unplugging the receiver for a few minutes with mouse off again solved it (for a while not for good). Maybe this is a power saving issue where the mouse doesn't fully recover from power savings and that causes it to glitch when moved too fast? Didn't fix the missing counts though they still appear.

I had disabled the mouse Sleep on all profiles prior this so I think this is a separate issue.

Can I do a bug report somewhere or is it possible to get this fixed at all?

First pic: used for long time and mouse movement is broken when moved fast
Second pic: After unpluggin receiver with mouse power off and waiting a few minutes then reconnecting mouse

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi HabaSkeb,
Do you have the mouse issue after wake up the pc from sleep mode and the issue was gone after you reconnect the mouse, but the issue occurs again after wake up the pc from sleep mode?
Is the motherboard in your friends pc also TUF B660-PLUS WIFI D4?
Did you use the mouse only with Armoury Crate installed and firmware updated? or there was no issue before you install Armoury Crate and update firmware when you used the mouse first time?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi HabaSkeb,
Do you have the mouse issue after wake up the pc from sleep mode and the issue was gone after you reconnect the mouse, but the issue occurs again after wake up the pc from sleep mode?
Is the motherboard in your friends pc also TUF B660-PLUS WIFI D4?
Did you use the mouse only with Armoury Crate installed and firmware updated? or there was no issue before you install Armoury Crate and update firmware when you used the mouse first time?
Thank you.

I have disabled my computers sleep and the issues still come up. Sometimes it's fine for a while then suddenly not fine again.

My friends motherboard is not TUF B660 it's Asus P8H61-M Pro.

When I got the mouse I had already installed the Armoury Crate and just plugged in the mouse and updated the firmware right away. Didn't really test the mouse before updating the firmware.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi HabaSkeb,
May I know which issues persist after disabled the pc sleep?
How often do the issues occur?

May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your mouse via pm
- screenshot of Armoury Crate update center and firmware version
- OS version and OS build
- collect Armoury Crate log when the issues occur and the issues were gone after you reconnect the mouse via pm
In Armoury Crate "Settings"① and check "About"② page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log"③, the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log and please click "Generate log data"③ to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file).
- I would appreciate if you could help to record video of issues when collect log

Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi HabaSkeb,
May I know which issues persist after disabled the pc sleep?
How often do the issues occur?

May I have the following information?
- the serial number of your mouse via pm
- screenshot of Armoury Crate update center and firmware version
- OS version and OS build
- collect Armoury Crate log when the issues occur and the issues were gone after you reconnect the mouse via pm
In Armoury Crate "Settings"â‘* and check "About"â‘¡ page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log"â‘¢, the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log and please click "Generate log data"â‘¢ to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file).
- I would appreciate if you could help to record video of issues when collect log

Thank you.

There is mainly the wonkiness issue explained in message #2 and #3 (I think you lose counts also with this one) and missing polls like every 5-10 seconds or so.

I figured out how to trigger the "wonkiness" at will. There are three ways:
1. Put pc to sleep and mouse goes to sleep regardless of Armoury Crate mouse Sleep setting and leds go off
2. Let mouse go to sleep when pc is on and Armoury Crate mouse Sleep setting is set for example 3min and leds go off
3. Unplug receiver and mouse goes to sleep regardless of Armoury Crate mouse Sleep setting and leds go off

I have to power off mouse, unplug receiver, reconnect receiver, power on mouse to recover.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 19044.2130

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi HabaSkeb,
May I have screenshots of your each mouse profiles?
For Armoury Crate log, could you please help to upload it to google drive or other cloud storage and share me the file link?
(Please set it as everyone can access the file with the link.)
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi HabaSkeb,
May I have screenshots of your each mouse profiles?
For Armoury Crate log, could you please help to upload it to google drive or other cloud storage and share me the file link?
(Please set it as everyone can access the file with the link.)
Thank you.

I have reset and re-sync the profiles several times but this is what it looks right now. I'll pm you the link to the log soon.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi HabaSkeb,
Thank you for your information.
I'll consult our tech team more about it.