cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC freezes and restart is also not working. i have to power and on the PC.

damuammu
Level 7
Hi Team,

Please help me, mine gaming PC freezes and restart is also not working. i have to power off and on the PC while playing Minecraft game. previous i used to happen not very often. but since week its happening very often.

Processor : ryzen 7 5950x
mother board : Asus crosshair 8 drak hero
GPU : RTX 3080Ti
Ram : 128gb 3600mhs gskill royal

thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

damuammu
Level 7
Anybody help me please . greatly appreciate

Assuming your memory is 4x32GB, it's not on the QVL for the Dark Hero, so is a potential for instability. Remember that all XMP/DOCP memory speed counts as overclocking. You could try dropping the memory frequency from 3600 to 3200 to see if it helps; or try running with 2x32GB for a while (2 sticks is a more stable / easier overclocked configuration than 4 sticks; use slots A2 and B2 (check your manual)). The "socket support" column of the memory QVL is important, only those with a 4 there are recommended/supported/validated 4 stick configurations (others may work, the QVL just tells you what's more likely to work).

The problem might not be memory, that's just where I'd start the diagnosis process. You could also try running for a while with XMP/DOCP disabled, which will run the memory down at the silicon manufacturers rating (somewhere in the 2133 to 2666 ran. You may not want to run the memory slower, but the point is to test whether the problem is your overclocked memory or something else.

Murph_9000 wrote:
Assuming your memory is 4x32GB, it's not on the QVL for the Dark Hero, so is a potential for instability. Remember that all XMP/DOCP memory speed counts as overclocking. You could try dropping the memory frequency from 3600 to 3200 to see if it helps; or try running with 2x32GB for a while (2 sticks is a more stable / easier overclocked configuration than 4 sticks; use slots A2 and B2 (check your manual)). The "socket support" column of the memory QVL is important, only those with a 4 there are recommended/supported/validated 4 stick configurations (others may work, the QVL just tells you what's more likely to work).

The problem might not be memory, that's just where I'd start the diagnosis process. You could also try running for a while with XMP/DOCP disabled, which will run the memory down at the silicon manufacturers rating (somewhere in the 2133 to 2666 ran. You may not want to run the memory slower, but the point is to test whether the problem is your overclocked memory or something else.

Thanks lot @Murph_9000 it helped me lot, i downed ram from 3600mhs to 3200mhs. since then its working without freezing. Thanks lot again.

J_Bish
Level 10