I am gonna start from the beginning.
I've built a new ITX Gaming PC based on the new AM5 Platform and i am expierencing many issues since the beginning.
This is not my first PC build, so i am not a beginner but also not a professional in building PCs.
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-I (started with Bios 0821 now at 1222)
GPU: ASUS TUF 4070 ti (tried with different driver Versions) (At first a MSI RX 6800 XT Gaming X Trio tried with 22.5.1 and 22.11.2)
CPU: Ryzen 7 7600X (no OC or UV)
Cooling: 280mm AIO Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT
RAM (tried 2 different): Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 5600MHz C36 AMD and Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 5200MHz DDR5 CL36 AMDboth running at different clocks (4800, 5200)
SSD (tried 2 different 1TB): WD Black SN850x and Samsung 980 Pro
PSU (tried 2 different): EVGA Supernova 650 GM and Thermaltake Toughpower SFX 850W ATX 3.0
Operating System (tried 2): Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Pro
Chipset Drivers: AMD Chipset Drivers 220.127.116.112 and new 5.02.19.2221
So as you can see, i have exchanged every part of the PC except for CPU and Mainboard.
The problems are these:
1. Random Game Crashes
2. Random Bluescreens, with different messages everytime (seem to be gone with BIOS 1222)
I have tried nearly everything that can be found on the internet:
- Reseating every part (CPU, RAM, GPU, M2 SSD)
- Checking every cable connection
- Tried many, many different driver versions
- Reinstalled Windows 10 and 11 about 30 times (sometimes with latest drivers, sometimes with windows default drivers)
- Tried nearly every BIOS Setting that can be found on the internet in combination with AM5 (Context Memory Restore ON/OFF, PBO ON/OFF, and many more)
- Tried with only one RAM bar in every slot
- Tried with EXPO OFF, EXPO1 and EXPO2. Everything with 4800 and 5200
- Plug PC directly into another wall plug
- tried different monitors, connected with different cables (HDMI and DP) running at 60Hz and 144Hz
Since Updating BIOS to 1222 it seems the Bluescreens are gone.
After Updating BIOS i cleared the CMOS and reinstalled windows. So everything back to default.
The computer is running stable at the moment but games still keep crashing.
I thought everything is running fine now, but after 1h of gaming the game suddenly crashed. Happens in different games.
The errors found in logs are always the same:
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading from 0xffffffffffffffff
At the moment i am thinking about returning the mainboard and CPU and switch to Intel.
I am trying to get it running since 2 months now and my motivation is really down on the ground now.
Maybe someone here has any more ideas.