cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop G713QR issue

Alf-life
Level 7
Hello!
I'm having a problem with crashing games for 3 month.

Every games crashes after 3-30 min without any errors. It was on win10 as well as it's now on win1 I've updated all drivers and DirectX, Microsoft C++, Net framework 3.5&4.8, Direct Play .
During games no overheating. Virtual Memory is on.
Crashes are with CS GO, Far Cry 3-5, PUBG, Mafia II Remastered. Two things I find important: 1. After a month after purchase my laptop has lost RTX3070 and it could work only with integrated graphics. I had to reinstall chipset driver. 2. I also work with Premiere Pro and don't experience such problems.

The problem appeared instant after purchase and now I lost all hope to understand how to fix this issue.

Any thoughts?
73 REPLIES 73

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
Does the RTX3070 work after reinstalled chipset driver?
Does it only occur on online games?
May I have the bios version, the chipset driver version and the graphics driver versions?
Have you add or replace ram or hard drive, adjusted the bios settings, reinstalled the games?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Alf-life,
Does the RTX3070 work after reinstalled chipset driver?
Does it only occur on online games?
May I have the bios version, the chipset driver version and the graphics driver versions?
Have you add or replace ram or hard drive, adjusted the bios settings, reinstalled the games?
Thank you.

RTX3070 does work but not properly. In some games I should manually switch to this card.
It doesn't matter if online(multi) or single mode game.
Bios 323
chipset driver V9.3.1.00030
RTX3070 v496.13
I didn't open laptop. I reinstalled the games on win 10. Also I did reinstall Mafia 2 HD and CS go on win 11. Same problem.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
Was it on battery mode or AC adapter plugged in?
If you want to enable RTX3070 with the specific games, please setup in in Graphics settings and nvidia control panel.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044213/
Please install NVIDIA Graphic Driver V27.21.14.6173 from our support site.
https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/2021-rog-strix-g17-series/helpdesk_bios
Please also select performance mode or turbo mode in Armoury Crate while gaming.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Alf-life,
Was it on battery mode or AC adapter plugged in?
If you want to enable RTX3070 with the specific games, please setup in in Graphics settings and nvidia control panel.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044213/
Please install NVIDIA Graphic Driver V27.21.14.6173 from our support site.
https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/2021-rog-strix-g17-series/helpdesk_bios
Please also select performance mode or turbo mode in Armoury Crate while gaming.
Thank you.

Hello Starrain,

It's gamer's laptop. It is always on AC.
On my point of view system should change it automatically. But I did switch manually in control panel on high performance(on Nvidia)
Isn't better to have a driver from Nvidia directly? Anyway I couldn't find video driver for win11
If I don't select TURBO I have a game crush like in 5 min.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
May I double confirm did the game close itself without any errors but the system is working fine, and the bios all default settings?
Have you reset the system and only install the games you mentioned, but the issue still occurred?
Did you open one game or open a lot of apps meanwhile?
Please check the ram usage while gaming and crashing.
May I have the information below?
- the versions of the crashing games
- the temperature while crashing
- the serial number of your laptop via PM
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Alf-life,
May I double confirm did the game close itself without any errors but the system is working fine, and the bios all default settings?
Have you reset the system and only install the games you mentioned, but the issue still occurred?
Did you open one game or open a lot of apps meanwhile?
Please check the ram usage while gaming and crashing.
May I have the information below?
- the versions of the crashing games
- the temperature while crashing
- the serial number of your laptop via PM
Thank you.

Sorry for long time reply. The laptop was as ASUS service for 6 days. They said everything was ok with laptop and it wasn't their business. Ironically rog Laptop can't play games.

They did system reset(I have official asus email). After I have received the laptop and installed Steam and CS GO and Mafia. All I had 5-7min of gameplay.
After service I have installed only DirectX, Opera browser and latest NVIDIA driver 496.49.

-Those two games was downloaded directly from steam. So it's the latest versions
-CPU 84C, GPU 60C, RAM 4,7GB/15,4GB
-xxxx

Literally I don't know what to do.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
Because the serial number is privacy data, please don't leave it in public.
I've sent PM to you. Could you please check the PM?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Alf-life,
Because the serial number is privacy data, please don't leave it in public.
I've sent PM to you. Could you please check the PM?
Thank you.

Hi Starrain,

I have edited my post now. Thanks for info.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
I've replied PM to you. Could you please check the PM again?
Thank you.