cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula X570 VIII - No Audio

AlanFreitas_210
Level 7
I have an X570 VIII formula, I downloaded the audio drivers from the US website, the same ones installed normally, but no device manager appears, and if I had not installed the driver, when trying to install it through the device manager, the same blue screen, when selecting downloaded file (ERROR: unhandled system thread exception rtkvhd64.sys), I have no audio, can anyone help me?
7 REPLIES 7

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi AlanFreitas_2108,
Which audio dis you download and install form our support site? Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9244.1 or Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.8960.1?
Please download from below site again.
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-formula-model/helpdesk_download
Have you tried connecting other speakers and headphones but all of them no audio?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi AlanFreitas_2108,
Which audio dis you download and install form our support site? Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9244.1 or Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.8960.1?
Please download from below site again.
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-formula-model/helpdesk_download
Have you tried connecting other speakers and headphones but all of them no audio?
Thank you.

I installed both, the first to be installed was the one on the ASUS website (V6.0.9244.1), I'll try again with the link you posted here.
Yes, I have a sound box and a Hyperx Headset, both worked on another pc normally, I have already connected both to the motherboard and to the output of the case, but nothing appears, because the controller is not installed, as it shows in my manager devices.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi AlanFreitas_2108,
Was it your first time to build pc and install audio driver?
Do you get audio after try the audio driver in the link?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi AlanFreitas_2108,
Was it your first time to build pc and install audio driver?
Do you get audio after try the audio driver in the link?
Thank you.

So, I got this sealed/new card 1 month ago, but it passed through the hand of a friend who brokered the purchase, and he opened it to test, before sending it to me, and there he installed the drivers with his settings. Arrived here I reset the BIOS and put my parts and did all the necessary installations, by the manufacturers websites, but the audio does not work.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi AlanFreitas_2108,
Are your sound box and Hyperx Headset connecting to 3.5 mm port or USB port?
There is no sound box and a Hyperx Headset appear in device manager after plug into your sound box and Hyperx?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi AlanFreitas_2108,
Are your sound box and Hyperx Headset connecting to 3.5 mm port or USB port?
There is no sound box and a Hyperx Headset appear in device manager after plug into your sound box and Hyperx?
Thank you.

Good night, they are connected to the 3.5 output (rear audio outputs), even connecting nothing appears anywhere. I almost certainly had the misfortune of my audio card being burned (chip). I'll see if I can send it to the authorized ASUS.
Thanks

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi AlanFreitas_2108,
If the devices are not appeared and no audio whether plug into rear panel or front panel on latest bios version 4201 with bios all default settings, please send the motherboard to our RMA for further examination.
Thank you.