cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FA506QR Battery drain while plugged in.

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
While my FA507RR was in for RMA, I was using my FA506QR again and all was well, but then I noticed the battery can drain while I'm gaming plugged in.

I did a MyASUS battery test, it came back all clear no bad cells or anything, doesn't drain when not plugged in and turned off, no bloating or anything. It doesn't drain when not gaming and will charge to whatever % I set on MyASUS. At first, I thought it may be the Power brick acting up. After checking the voltages and such I borrowed the FA507RR power brick, voltages are the same, but it can deliver 12A over 10A of the original if asked for. Same thing, battery level will still drop when gaming. The machine is currently out of warranty and I'm reluctant to send the machine in because of the issues I suffered with my FA507RR RMA.

I did the driver uninstall trick to see if it's the controller and it's still the same. I even did a clean install of Windows 10 just to be sure. Also did the unplug the battery and hold power for 10seconds to reset the controller that way and still nothing. All forums seem to think at this point it is a battery failure, the battery has 12% wear in about 18months of use due to using 60% mode cause I mainly game plugged in and MyASUS claims it is alright.

Any way could you advise me without me sending my machine in? I can't afford to send it in right now. Basically I'd be paying for postage and diagnostics because I'm quite capable for changing the battery myself and I refuse to pay LetMeRepair to possibly damage this machine as well as my FA507RR.

Please and thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Unfortunately, from my standpoint, I would still recommend sending the laptop for repair to check if the battery is deteriorating.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.