cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z790 Maximus Extreme - Missing Network Controller

VRT
Level 8
Hi does anyone know what this is?

I've installed all the drivers from the Asus Support page (Marvel LAN 10G, Wifi etc).
I've installed the Intel RST Software.
I've ran Armory Crate and nothing comes up.

Anyone know what it is?

I also have a Ryugin II 360 AIO installed.

EDIT: It's the WIFI Driver it wont install, I've tried everything (it shows up in Armory Crate but won't install as it just asks to reboot and it stays there on load up again) but I don't use it anyway so I'll disable it.

EDIT 2: I disabled it in the BIOS, booted up and then shut down and then re-enabled it again and this time it showed up and installed correctly. A bit odd but it now works.
10 REPLIES 10

Springer10
Level 7
VRT wrote:
EDIT 2: I disabled it in the BIOS, booted up and then shut down and then re-enabled it again and this time it showed up and installed correctly. A bit odd but it now works.

Had the same Problem.. Disabling and Enabling did it.. Thanks

Springer10 wrote:
Had the same Problem.. Disabling and Enabling did it.. Thanks

Where is this in bios I am having teh same issue but cant find this option

I have been struggling with it for almost three weeks. Support ticket got me an email from a different tech every day . Escalated it to Level II, promises to call back for a resolution got me nowhere.
It seems those of us unfortunate enough to have spent $1000 for a motherboard are not as many as they had hoped. If this board had thousands of users maybe we would have gotten an update to BIOS so we have Wi-Fi to install Windows.
15 emails from Asus techs and so far not one of them have been able to help!

HI! 
Advanced / Onboard Devices Configuration / Connectivity mode (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth)20230330_161557.jpg

Falkentyne
Level 12
It's a bug.
The network controller for some reason gets an invalid PCI ID, then the drivers can't identify it. Disabling and reenabling it in the BIOS fixes this. No idea what causes it but it's similar to what happened with the Ethernet (Intel) adapter on Z690 Extreme.

Noobtacular
Level 9
Holy testicle Tuesday this was about to give me an aneurysm! Thank you guys so much!

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, AErcen.

We apologize for not being able to solve your problem in the shortest possible time.
Could you provide your contact number and the serial number via PM, as well as the contact code given to you by customer service?
I will escalate and further assist in your case.

Thank you.

Same problem here. Any fixes? Can enable and disable LAN in BIOS, don't see a place to do that for wifi.
Disable and Enable in device manager doesnt help. Intel Driver Support shows, the update, lets you install and everything looks fine till the page updates and says driver still missing. Same as installing wifi driver from ASUS website. Says to reboot, then driver is still not installed and the wifi network error persists in Device manager. This is after a clean install of Win11.
~Joe

HI, It's in:
Advanced / Onboard Devices Configuration / Connectivity mode (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth)